Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for those of you that pre-mix.... What brand? and exactly what ratio? Ill be new to this soon. ( if my engine builder get off his procastinative, lazy, unprofessional or productive ars ) Also whats the simplist way to mix consistently on the trail? I have a 5 gallon gas jug, and a 4 gallon tank on the quad. what else do I need? ounces per gallon i guess is what Im hoping to hear instead of 50:1, 40:1, or whatever. Thanks again, Benny

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
227 Posts
i was going to port my trailblazer and rittercycle.com told me you got to block it off, then mix it to 32:1 its like 1 oz of oil to 1 gallon, i had a pipe, jet, clutch spring, uni air filter with the air box mod, he said with that set up you don't really have to put an oil injection block off kit, just add some extra oil to your gas, I always ran polaris blue, 2 stroke oil, it is premium 2 stroke oil, the gold is just premium but smokeless

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats about the ratio I began with. I feel good about breaking the motor in on a rich mixture like 32:1. but I felt like I might be getting a false rich reading on my EGT. Now Im running 50:1. And I've always used mercury HP outboard 2 stroke oil. work great, and still got a little smoke too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
call rick ritter, his website for # is www.rittercycleracing.com he does a lot of polaris work...he makes a a low mid pipe for a 250 trailblazer...its AWESOME with his stage one kit, man you can mud play great, lifting the front end up is so easy then too, he makes 3 for the 400L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts