Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with oil getting into the air filter box from the hose that runs from the back of the engine to the box? I just spoke with my dealer and he said I was the second one to call him today about that. I will be taking it in this week to be looked at. Will update post when I have more info.

·
Registered
249 Posts
just a touch of oil on mine

·
Registered
171 Posts
I noticed that there was some oil on the pre-filter (small one) when I got through riding this weekend,as I was cleaning the bike I noticed the oil on the filter and when I removed it there was a little on the end of the hose and some in the bottom of the area of the filter. I called my dealer who told me to bring my bike in so that they can look at it. What do you guy's think it is ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I noticed it on my quad also, and I firmly believe it's from doing wheelies and stuff. If you ride on flat ground all day long then you probably won't get any oil in there, but how many of us do that. Also, check your oil level.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought mine a week and a half ago and had about 10oz of oil in the airbox that was discovered on my first ride when it wouldn't wind out through fourth and fifth, it would just die. It had too much oil in the engine though. Still working on cleaning it out and have to get a new filter, half of it is soaked in oil. been a big mess, contacted dealer and they told me to keep a close eye on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the dealer look at mine, and they could not find anything wrong. Polaris told them that a little in the air box is nothing to worry about. Depending on the oil level. If it is over filled, it would be normal for the oil to blow bye into the box. I guess thats what the drains are for? Anyways, I'll just keep a eye on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm told to check the oil after the engine is warmed up and then shut down. If you check it cold the oil level will show low and when you add oil you technically overfill it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts