Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been going there for the last 8 years. They have facilities for day riders and campers. The rates aren't that bad either. It just recently came under new ownership and the guy has done AMAZING things with the motocross track. It is beautiful and he maintains it often. There are 110 acres of private facilities (land) for trail riding, obstacle course, motocross and direct access to thousands of acres of legal State land (recommend bringing a map though. Available at DNR). They also have an under 90cc track for the kids to play (stay out of the way) on. If you live in Michigan, I would HIGHLY recommend checking it out. My favorite place on Earth. Feel free to contact me for more details.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have experience trail riding and small homemade tracks but have never been on a professional track. How friendly are the people who go there. The only reason I havn't been to a place like that yet is fear of people not understanding that everyone has to start somewhere. There's nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable on your favorite past time. =-)

Do they have a direct web-site?
I could only find some information on the city web-site

Thanks,

Mitch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the LONG delay in getting you a reply, I hope you are still interested. Yes, the people there are very nice. It gets hoppin' pretty good on the holiday weekends but there is still room for everybody. It is a professional grade track in a casual environment. There are never races held there, plus the track is a little narrow for racing. The track has something for everybody beginner to advanced. I rode all season and didn't even hit any double until this past weekend. There are places to go around every jump if you don't want to hit it (this is also better so that you don't tear up the jumps for those that do hit them).

Check out the website: http://www.ogemawtrails.com

- Phill

·
Registered
232 Posts
No problem on the long reply.
I just was happy to see that someone actually replied to one of my post =-)
This place sounds really fun.
I will most likely go wihin the next week or two.
I just got back from a Hatfield McCoy honeymoon and need to have a good weekend to clean the atv's up. It was like a riding in a steep tight mudbog.

Thanks for the input.
Maby I'll see you there.

Race you later,

Mitch McComb

·
Registered
993 Posts
There are also countless miles of orv trails in the nearby luzurn and mio areas. they have a couple campgrounds also and they are cheap, only $6 a night per site no matter how many people. Very nice areas to try if your going to be around there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts