Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of Monday September 22, 2003, Jet-Hot now has a set price for their Predator headers, for coating in sterling inside and out it is to be $55.00 dollars. If you mention you’re a member of www.Predatorowners.com, "an internet club," they will give you the discounted $44.00 dollar price.

If you were one of the lucky few that got the headers done for 25.00, congrats.

If you paid more read on for a refund...

I will warn you, it looks like no mater where you ship from they hit you for 20.00 shipping and handling. Though there are 3 addresses to Jet-Hot, only the Mississippi and Arizona addresses are actual coating factories, the PA address is just an office.

You can contact Jet-Hot at 1800-432-3379, ext 110 for Chris for more details.

I learned all of this after I was charged 120.00 total. I called and calmly asked WTF and was told I will be refunded 56.00 of the 120.00 I was charged, taking my down to 44.00 plus 20.00 S&H.

Hey for 64.00 it looks great. Chris is a nice dude, I would recommend using him as a contact.

·
Registered
993 Posts
This information is definetley good, Chris just called me and told me the same info. He said that since I already got a few done for the $25 price, that they would honor that in the future for me, but for any new customers they are charging $55 minus the 10% because I explained that I had posted this all over the internet. As long as you say you seen the 10% discount mentioned in a forum you will be fine. The optional colors are still $20 extra. Hopefully this clears everything up and everyone gets the discounted price, which in my mind is still fairly cheap considering the stock pipe rusts out so quickly and an aftermarket headpipe is very pricey.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought some people would be interested in this information. RNGMSTR, try for a member dicount, we send enough people their way.

·
Registered
315 Posts
So basically the cost if you're a website member would be 64 bucks PLUS the cost for you to ship it there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P19, it cost me 5.73 to UPS the pipe there, figure 70.00 for our factory pred header to be jet-hot coated, round trip.

(yes you are correct)

·
Registered
343 Posts
****..you guys are lucky..they wanted more for me to do mine..plus its all in US funds! GRRRR...i can get mine done up here for 125..hehe..and thats a deal! ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
??? why not mail it to RNGMSTR and have him send it in, 45.00 total us, plus shipping each way is better then 125.00 canadian.

(assuming the 1.33:1 exchange ratio)

·
Registered
993 Posts
The 10% is the discount that they are offering, $55 minus the 10% is a bit under $50, not too bad considering the quality of the product. They are nice enough to offer the 10% for the site users, thats pretty good in my book, and the quality is top notch, I don't think anyone should have a complaint now that the price issue is set straight.

·
Registered
343 Posts
But i also have to have it shipped too and from Rngmsters place. Now i dont know how much it would cost to ship it to him..but i figure alot..**** UPS is crazy..

I wonder..do you only pay brokerage fee's on stuff sold by companies or any sales? LIke i bought a 13 part and it cost me 21 brokerage..a 130 part would cost me 65cdn. ****!

It would prob end up costing me around the same once all is said and done..who knows..somthing to look into i guess when the time is right..rngmstr..you up for somthing like this maybe?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, sorry dude, that is alot. My company has a business acount, so I get at cost...

·
Registered
343 Posts
yeah...its not too bad to ship anywhere in the US or ship anywhere in Canada..its when you start going back and forth it gets pricy! LOL

Maybe if its sent personnal mail vs Buisness you dont have to pay the brokerage fees...not sure though..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe it would be easier for you to just send them your first born and maybe they will cover the shipping and handling...

·
Registered
343 Posts
LOL..maybe! They'll have to wait though..no kiddies here yet..;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Too busy riding to get busy I see. at 23 I am no where near ready, heck I won't even give my girl friend of 5 years an engagement ring...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well i've got a girl..been a little over a year for us..im 25 shes 23, so where getting up there...shes down in Maine right now..well presque Isle..getting her teaching degree..im heading down tomorrow morning first thing..gotta spend some "quality time" togther..;)

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
scott why not ship from her place??????????

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well cause i still have to bring it back across the border..which can be a pain. If they think i bought the pipe down there..i'll have to pay tax's on it. The only way to get around it, would be to say im bringing it down..that i have it in the trunk..show them it..then if i have any problems coming back i can say i showed them..might work..but doubt it..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts