Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this previously, surely someone must know.

Subject: Gearing Questions

Looking for some good advice from you experts. I'm still learning about this gearing stuff. I've already geared my Predator down to 13 teeth in the front. I ride in the rocky terrain of the Tennessee mountains. I would like to gear it down just a little bit more, it will help me climb the rocks. The thing is, I would also like to go up to a 22 inch tire in the rear. Does anyone have a suggestion for gearing. Is a 12 tooth available for the Predator? Or would 13/40 be a good combo?

Thanks for the help

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
If you put 22" tires with the 13/37 gearing, it will be just like the way it was stock, 14/37. If you put the 22" tires on, you would have to go up to a 40 tooth rear. So with 22" tires, you would have 13/40 gearing. This would match what you are running now with 20" tires. So if you want to gear it down a little more, and have 22" tires, you would need a 41 or 42 tooth rear. But to do that would require a longer chain, and lowering your skid plate, thus loosing some of the GC the 22" tires would give you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, GE.

I knew there had to be someone on here that knew something about my question. I guess I should have said that Predators are junk. I'm sure I'd have gotten 200 responses.

Scott

actually, I do NOT think Predators are junk, I'm sure you get the point.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I replied to your post over on ATV connections..

I have 22"s on the rear and run a 13/38 combo. With the 22s on and 14/37 it was WAY too tall..then I added the 13t..MUCH better..but wanted more..so i went with the 38t..PERFECT! The 39 or 40 might be even better..not sure..but i know i like how it is now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts