Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my engine seems to run loud. not the exhaust , but the motor itself seens to make alot of noise compaired to other bikes. It seems to be coming from the right side of the bike more than the left. Thats where the timing chain is, so is everyones Predator loud when running or is it just mine and I should take it to the dealer to be checked? Also when the quad is warmed up when I first start it there usually is a slight ticking noise from the right side of the engine, if I reve it a couple times it seems to go away. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As new as you atv is, I would get into the dealer, asumming you are still under warranty. I have always thought this motor was kinda noisy, but that is normal. I have listened to other predators and they sound alike, but yours sounds a little different. good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
I thought mine was noisy too. We compared it to new predators right out of the crate at the dealership and it was no louder.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine is louder than most other bikes I've had, just the way it sounds. But if it's stressing you out take it in and have it checked out. My Predator makes the same types of noises you described and I've had no problems so far.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The polaris sure isnt refined like a Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha. I rode with three Cannondales over this past weekend. They are REALLY nice and good running machines....almost brings a tear to your eye...but they are NOISY!! LOL

The noise is the nature of the beast. :))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts