Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this website that says they have the cdi box for the pred. http://www.jmcracing.com.au/site/details.cfm?productIDNum=260 I dunno if they have it in stock yet but I am gunna call them on monday. And it looks kinda pricy on there, but they put the price in AU$. I'm assuming that it would be cheaper in US dollars? Just thought you guys might like to kno.>>Travis

·
Registered
993 Posts
I just orderd the cdi from duncan racing. They said out of all cdi's that they have tested from different manufactures that this was the only one they felt they could sell with a full warranty. I should have it on by friday. It was $416.50 to my door.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does the CDI box make that much difference???And how?? Duncan makes good stuff but $416.50 OUCH...

·
Registered
993 Posts
Duncan does not make it, Vortex does, Duncan is the only authorized dealer in the united states to sell this product with the full manufacture's warranty. An adjustable cdi has many benefites such as setting your spark curve to the conditions your riding. For example, you could set it to get more upper rpm power and higher revs in the dunes and then set it for more low end power in tight trails. The vortex cdi has 10 pre-programed curves and a handlebar switch to toggle between the choosen curve (0-9) and a default setting. The default setting, I believe is the stock curve plus 500 more rpms on the rev limiter. Well worth the $416.50.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yes, amsoil 0W40. works great, seems to shift a little smoother. the better shifting might be because I am getting more and more hours on the bike, but it go even better with the amsoil.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have sold quite of bit of the 10W40 to many quad riders, so it must be working pretty good. I just prefer the 0 weight oil, I have used there 0W30 in my trucks for years and feel that it is far better than any other oil available. Amsoil does not offer a 15W40 that will work in quads, they do offer a 15W40, but it is formulated specialy for diesels. For the quads, they offer 0W30, 10W40, and 20W50. I have not seen anything from amsoil that did not perform as they say it will, so I would feel pretty confident running any of there products.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts