Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im new to the fourm, and this is my first polaris. Its a 2003 scrambler 500 4x4, completely stock seems to be in good shape with low hours. i recently took it camping and riding and noticed the over heat/ water light come on. so i immediately tured it off and started to check some things, first thing i noticed is it was not hot nore were the cooling fans on, i could put my hand in the radiator so i rode it back to camp let it cool down completely and pulled the front plastic off and checked the radiator, which was completely full. so i started it with the radiator cap off and the water appeared to circulate so im confident the water pump is good. i rode it around again and the light did not come on, then parked it and rode it later on and it came on again. my question is are these machines very sensitive to heat, or will i know if its actually overheating will i be able to tell that it is by having it boil the antifreeze and be excessivly hot to the touch.

any help would be great,
thanks, Brandon

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
If you could hold your hand on the radiator, I'd guess your temperature sending unit is done for. Usually when the hot light comes on, if you touch the radiator you will get burnt. Especially if the fan wasn't running, you know you have a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts