Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thanks to rngmstr for selling me the amsoil oil at a awesome price and helping me locate the scott performance filter. Also thanks to Ken from jet blast for the awesome scoops.

I changed my oil today and put in the new amsoil 10w40 with the scott performance filter. Also installed the scoops and emptied the coolant and replaced it with distilled water w/ redline water wetter.

There might be a slight placebo effect, but im sure of one thing, the fan runs alot less. It also seems to shift a little better with the new oil. It also goes into neutral alot easier after being warmed up.

Thanks for the help again guys !

Now if I could only fix the rattling heel guard.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought some water wetter today, how much should I put in and with distilled or tap water...thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey brinker, about that noisy heel gaurd, is it noisy where the black meets the grey or fender, because if it is like mine the star washers were buried in the plastic I installed flat washers along with the star washers and no more rattle. Maybe that will help your situation, the PREDATOR kicks ass an awesome wheeler.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks monty, ill have to try that, hopefully that will fix it until I get my Pro peg setup.

Bass, You should mix 4 cap fulls of water wetter per 1 quart of distilled water. Im pretty anal about my stuff so I emptied the coolant, ran some distilled water thru, then emptied it, then ran some more distilled water thru it again to make sure it was cleaned out. I then added 2 quarts of water and 8 cap fulls of the water wetter. It worked out pretty well.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I bought some to try yesterday too.. I know the coolant is a 2 1/4 in size, so Im thikin Brinker was pretty accurate on this. I gues sthis stuff is good ,also engine Ice I was told is good too..TINA :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe the water wetter should be added to the anti-freeze and distilled water 50/50 or 40/60 water to anti-freeze ratio.. I use Maxima pre-mixed stuff(anti-freeze) w/red-line water wetter With 2 20" fin CFM`S coolers..Just my advice...Good luck

·
Registered
993 Posts
The water wetter can be added to the mixture of antifreeze, but to get maximum benefits, only distilled water and the water should be used. I flushed the entire system with distilled water, then added the water weter to the radiator and overflow.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
First off Brinker, you're very welcome. The proceedure Ringmaster suggested is actually THE best way. I always just pick up a gallon of distilled water and dump in the 4 oz to that. Can't wait to try those CFM coolers, the thermocouples are wired and waiting to test.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Let us know your results after you instal the cfm coolers, I have two pro-design coolers which is probably the same as having one of the cfm coolers. and I don't think they do too much except look cool. hopefully those work better for you than mine do.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It's wired for inlet temp, and outlet temp. You're right, they sure look sweet. I can't wait to see their aluminum oil tank. Nice guys with some nice gear.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm not going to spend $7 dollars on a quart of oil from polaris, what kind do i need to get off the shelf? full synthetic or synthetic blend?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
CFM is supposed to have an oil tank out shortly. Should be added capacity, and added shine. Time to wake up the buffer. :D

·
Registered
993 Posts
I use the amsoil 0W40 and have sold quite a bit of that and there 10W40 to many predator owners, I am a dealer for amsoil and will pass my tremendous savings off to anyone interested. I can have it shipped to you door for less than retail price on the oil alone. The 0W40 is approx. $71-$75 for a case of 12 quarts and the 10W40 is roughly $65-$69. That is the price to your door, the approx. prices are due to different shipping costs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts