Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my front sprocket from the stock 14T to a 13T, added 6 Uni Vents to the airbox, and replaced the end cap with a bigger homemade one. Holy Cow! This machine screams now, it screamed before, but now it's unbelievable. I'll probably end up re-jetting next, after I check the plug. This Preddy is an awsome machine!

Also, I heard somewhere on this site that there were Sandtire/rim combos for $125.00 somewhere. Does anyone know where I would find this deal?

Thanks.....Crypto

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I don't know where, but as I recall, that's for .125 thickness (read: weak) wheels and Sand Shark V-blade tires, which in my opinion aren't nearly aggressive enough for a Predator.

I may be selling my 8-blade Haulers (straight-blade) on .190 thickness ITP wheels here soon because I'm switching to smaller hubs. I will probably list 'em for $200 + S&H (new they're $250 + S&H)... they're like new.

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I have found that .125 wheels work great for the sand, as long as you are not trying to jump from new York to Callie. !! lol

For any other use, the .125's are too thin. As long as you are not swapping tires (sand & trail) between the same rims, the .125's will be good.

I just got a set of scat trak 20-11-8 10 paddle tires for my pred and love them, I feel that the 8 paddle don't offer enough bite for the predator.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
this weekend i learn if my sand sharks are enough, otherwise swapping them for something else.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You can get Geckos from Rockymountainatv.com for about $150 fo the rears on .160's shippings cheap. You'll need to call them and tell them it is for a Predator. The bolt patteren your looking for is 4 on 156mm
.160's are fine for the Dunes

·
Registered
160 Posts
geckos suck on the predator. sand tire unlimited sand skates work ok, depends on how much hook up you want. i run 21x11x10 8 paddle extreme haulers by skat trak. the extreme hauler is stiffer and slightly bigger than normal haulers, i am easily able to pull 4th gear wheelies in the sand no problem, and my gearing is stock and everything else on the bike is stock. the .125 wheels in the sand are ok if you dont ride very aggresivly, but if you jump even the littlest bit you bend em, i know casue i bent the hell outa mine and i dont jump but i do pund the whoops and slide alot at glamis. oh and on the front go with sand tire unlimited razor backs, absoulutly the best front tire you can put on a quad in the front.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kevin;
I will be running at Glamis as well. Don't you find the Haulers hard to turn with? I'm not interested in racing the hills anymore. Have you or anyone tried 13/38 gearing at Glamis? The Polaris test riders found this gearing the best there. Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
if you are stock 13/38 will work great, i even had 13/39 for a while out there, with the Gecko's a lot of quick shifting. Now i run 14/39 with the mods i have done.

I've got a set for the Pred 4x156 bolt pattern for sale if you are interested. I went to the 4x110 hubs and 8 inch wheels so my friends and I could swich tires and such. I paid 169.00 new for them, and have 4 weekend dune trips on them, they are in very good shape and are on ITP .190 rims ( won't bend if you jump ). The rims look like new too. The paddles are 21 inch x 11 x 10, and are great for all around duning. If you are a straight hill shooter/drag racer and don't care about turning much or bowl riding then i would say go for the straight paddles ( Haulers ). But these work great for control and steering/sliding and hook up well enough on the draging with about 2lb's of pressure in them. Let me know or make me an offer.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I used to find Haulers hard to turn with. Then I learned how. For one, I run GBC Dunetrackers up front which act like a rudder, so it helps with turning. For another, to turn, I've learned to subconsciously move my weight forward when I want to turn and it unweights the back of the quad and turns faster. I can now ride faster with the Haulers than I could with my old Sand Skate II V-blades.

Rob

·
Registered
160 Posts
well if i had mohawks or buffs up fron the yes haulers are hard to turn, but with a great truning quad like the predator, when you run razorbacks up front the haulers work great, best of both worlds, straight line acceleration and hill climbing hookup, and you can turn( it still turns fast enough that it threw me off the quad the firts trip out, wasnt expecting it to turn that quick with the haulers ;)) a freind runs sandskate 11's on his pred, and the rear end is twitchy with them and the quad swaps ends very easily just like stock tires on hard loose dirt.

i run stock gearing casue i went with a 21x11x10 tire that is pretty much identical actuall size wise to stock, and my bike is bone stock.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Buy sand skate 2's. they cost a little that some of the newer v-blades but work way better.

·
Registered
160 Posts
if you really want to learn about sand tires, give mark harms at sand tires unlimited a call, he will tell you all you could ever know about them.

·
Registered
993 Posts
you will have better luck with the skat-trak tires, sand tires unlimited's stuff is heavier and I found they did not perform as well, however I'm not at glamis, I ride at silverlake, could be the sand is different, but I've never had any luck with sand tires unlimited's product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts