Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why didn’t I change my jetting and get my K&N installed SOONER!!! All the paranoid CV carb issues and “I’ll bugger it up unless I spend $50 or $99” on an special carb jet kit worries………..BAH! Egads and wow wow wow. It’s a whole new ride and powerband range now. New jetting specs for Heapsters Preddy. Spent a whole $3 on a 170 main jet, I raised the stock needle one groove. Using a Carb mounted K&N airfilter ($40) with Outwears ($15) No snorkel, and now I can carry cold iced down beverages in the stock air box. Running 14/38 gearing. OH MY GAWD. It now Lofts the front end in 3rd gear at will, that is if you can get traction on dirt. Now Rear Wheel Steering is soooo easy, slide-ways baby!. You get up to scary speeds real real quick. Not a carb pop or hesitation at all. Loving it, and I’m going out Waptor Hunting at the Florence dunes next week. He heh heh.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sounds awsome!
I would like to se a pic of how eveything looks with your setup.
You might have me spending a quick $50.00.
I picture this as your filter is in front of the air box.
How much did it increase the Db range from the exhaust?
That empty space would be nice to carry the latest ATV Magazine for those short breaks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need help I have a stock predator and looking to upgrade. what pipe should I use and jetting. I live in michigan and elevation is about 1000 feet above sea level

·
Registered
171 Posts
hey heapster do you have any other mods because I don't want to put a pipe on right now I like the quiet and I want to appear as stock as possible.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey Heapster....Cool, sounds like you have the same set-up that I have, except I'm running a little bit smaller main jet. Did you say that your running the clip up one notch? I have mine all the way to the bottom. I think if I go up to a 170 or 175 I can probably move the clip back up to where it needs to be.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I just got this filter today (from Heapster's dealer, no less!) and I'll probably put it on and rejet tomorrow morning. Since I'm at 4000' I will put in a 160 main for starters, though I ordered both a 160 and 165. Dale, the guy at his dealer, said to run the WB pipe with all the discs removed and just the end cap (not the quiet core), no spark arrestor or anything, and run a 175 at sea level. Well, first, I don't want to run it wide open because of noise considerations, so I will run all eight discs and I'll run less of a jet, and also (of course) compensate for my elevation.

I sure hope this works, because every other time I've played with the jetting on this thing, it's run like crap afterward, so I end up going back to stock.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts