Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I split the case on my pred and installed a falicon rod, now my nuetral light doesn't work. The service manuel doesn't say much. I took it off and the pin is still in the case. Everything seems to be there. I think its the switch but since I had it all apart I would like to know for sure. Anyone know how to check the switch. I ran a jumper from the switch to ground, didn't turn the light on. any suggestions.

· Registered
251 Posts
There is a chance it just could be light, I have had to replace a couple of them, also double check the connections on the wires polaris uses some shiety connectors that dont want to stay together, especially the ones that actually attach to the light.

· Registered
3,647 Posts
there is a splice in the wire under the carb mine came appart one day and it quit working.... otherwise the light is burnt out.... the ones that i got with quad junkies stem/clamp where burnt out

· Registered
1,674 Posts
I'm sure you've checked all the wire connections already but I'd just double check them for sure! Also, if I remember correctly, I think there is actually two pins for the sensor.... What I would do is just pull the wires off of your neutral light and plug them into your oil light. Pop the bike into neutral and see if that light comes on! If it doesn't.... Either BOTH lights are bad or you have eliminated the light as being the problem!

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the connection under the carb where the sensor plugs into the harness is connected( next to the front sprocket). When I installed my new bars and mounts the tab broke off my temp light so I need a new one of those anyway. I will probably pick up one of each and see what happens. It worked great till I pulled the engine. Thats why I am thinking either the sensor or something internal.

· Registered
251 Posts
hey tyler there is only one pin, it does however have a spring behind it, hey predon558 you did get that spring back in there right?, or it wont keep it tight so the indicator can read it. I'm still going with the bad light though.

· Registered
1,674 Posts
I knew there were two components... I just couldn't remember what they were exactly!

· Registered
155 Posts
When mine went out I just cleaned everything real good and it worked.

· Registered
1,206 Posts
Who needs a neutral light anyway? Take it off and shave a few ounces, she'll run faster! Works well with the 5hp sticker removal.

Seriously though, if you are smart enough to buy a predator, you know when its in neutral. If it was up to me, id skip the neutral and have the temp light come on with the key until the motor is started so you know it is working.

· Registered
2 Posts
There is a chance it just could be light, I have had to replace a couple of them, also double check the connections on the wires polaris uses some shiety connectors that dont want to stay together, especially the ones that actually attach to the light.
I have an 04 Polaris predator 500 and my neutral light isn't working when I'm in neutral new at quads so what and where would I start I have a new battery thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts