Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear this will bethelast two stroke we ever own again.....lol.. Heres what were dealing with...... when you take off, VERY sluggish bottom end, sreams in mid, then when at top............it just DIES........I know it needs to go another pilot cause when at idle,if you muffle uni filter, it perks up( I hate a uni-filter too Im switchin to K&N) the Compression is good for the ost part stock is 120 its at 114 right now. Any ideas guys?????? thanks.TINA

·
Registered
246 Posts
yea buy our race one all set up:) lol
we talked to Troy today and gave him some things to try hope it helps.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHA. yeah, I wish I had the cash to do it! I would in a heartbeat! She is needing it un time for the holiday parade next month so I hope we get it up and running.Its been hard to find the time to tear into it with Troy racing this next few wks,not to mention this is new territory for him too...it was running sooo good too (aside of slight bogging in bottom end)The wiring has been as hard to keep inchekc as the jetting and constant tweeking it has had to have.Its been a greatr quad, just a pain in the ass.....>LOL......

·
Registered
160 Posts
it sounds to rich at one end and to lean the other

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just a thought, but has the carb been totally dissasembled and cleaned lately? A lot of times the Carb just needs a good clean out. This is especially critical on smaller displacement engines. The Carbs are smaller and so is the jetting. Hence the fact that all the fuel and air passages are smaller and can be restricted more easily. I would start with disassembling the Carb and cleaning it. Make sure all the passages and jetts are blown out with compressed air. You'll be supprised what the smallest amount of dirt can do to a small dispacement Carb. I would start here before changing any jetting. Has this thing sat for any length of time ??

Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, it has been ran more than any other mini I know of!!!.LOL....... Well, everything has been checked over except the piston,new plug cleaned out good, the reeds are in GREAT shape .its puzzling. Still leaning towards the jetting,yet this is the same jetting that was ran this time of year last year and it was fine. ITs funny, before he even done anything to it today, he ran the piss out of it.now it runs FINE!!!! a few days ago, it would die out in top end, then bog in mid ....now it runs fine. I dont get it.....GREEN LANTERN~~~ Could you send me a pic of the minis you have for sale??? Kevin~~ It is a little rich on the bottom and actually has been most of the year, I am nervous to throw a K&N on it since it already breaths so much right now too. I HATE THAT UNIFILTER~~~~ It gets so dirty so fast and the cover we use does OK.... but still not up to our expectations, Greg Peak and I think Rich Hetrick also said that this uni would work better for it, but I would like to try something else.Im not content with it running good now not knowing if itsomehow" fixed itself" so to speak.. Maybe got something in there and with it all cleaned out maybe that will do the trick...We still need to fix the BOG it has in bottom end though, that has been an issue for quite sometime ,even after changing the roller weights.....HardRock~~~ I sure wish you guys were closer....:( Were about the only one with ANY knowledge of this mini in our neck of the woods and right now its just not enough........TINA

·
Registered
17 Posts
You might try to step the heat range of the spark plug up. My daughters motorcycle had a low end bog and after rebuilding the CARB.....I installed a hotter spark plug and the problem only would come when the plug was getting dirty.

Just another thought......

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info M.L. I will have to aks Troy , but it seemd like we did go to a hotter plug and it ran worse(we tried this last year sometime) Ill find out whats in it now and run that idea past him...Thanks again......:)

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know this is an old thread,but I thought I would share what we think was the problem,its taken MONTHS to figure it out,and messed with the jetting so much we should have just left it theway we had it cause after putting it all back the way we had it..it turns out to be something else that caused all the issues from the beginning!! and rich Hetrick said with all the jetting, and rejetting, pilots, cleaning Carb. reeds are good. only thing left was..........the **** Clutch is smoked.....He told us its trying to start out in second gear and THATS why there is no bottom ned...And to think all this time it was the **** jetting....UGHHHH....... So 150.00 late( didnt buy a whole clutch kit, dont think its needed) a new kicker and a few small things. I think my girls is FINALLY going to be ready for her next dbl header wk end flattrackin those boyz!!!Cross your fingers this fixes the trick/////////Tina ....:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts