Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and haven't found anything helpful but i am looking for a good set of rears for my 06 pred 500. Right now i have the maxxis razrII and they wore out quick little traction. I mostly ride in soft sand and hard packed and a few sand hill climbs.So i have been looking at the Duro Mud and sand tire but its alittle off looking and maybe the skat traks but they look ruff to ride on.If anybody knwo of a good dual tire please let me know we are setting up a 8hr ride at the end of the month and i need some tires before hand.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
You're gonna get hell for this, but how the heck did you wear out Razr2's quickly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HaHa well they are about 4 years old but the guy i bought it from never rode it so they were still new with the little furries on them. But the riding out here in new mexico is alittle rough dirt roads and rocks and sand im guessing it was all the rocky roads.They worked great on the track but out in the desert they sux for hill climbs and hard pack trails. I have been looking at the GBC dirt devils which look like what im looking for.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Was the quad stored outside/ left in the sun for those 4 years????

First time I have ever read of someone saying that Razr 2's wear out too fast.

They might not be the best at any one thing, but for all around good use with a reputation of being just about indestructible on rocks, hard pack, and rocky trails, I use them and recommend them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the quad was left in a garage its whole life and there was no crackin on them they just didn't last. I ride pretty hard for at least 5 or 6 hours everytime we go out. They also didn't hold up well with these unforgiving thorns out here so they have 2 plugs in each back tires. I admit they handled great on the track but thats not where i do my most riding. My buddies stock dunlops on his honda 450 perform alot better out here in the desert but i just wanted something different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts