Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i put my pipe on and jetted it but now when i totally rev it out it shoots flames so what is my prob. am i rich or am i lean i have a white bros. kandn and a dyno jet. and also i am not using the spark arrestor. and i am using 8 disc

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you rev it and hit the rev limiter there's a good darn chance it will shoot flames. The rev limter cuts the spark, but you're getting the same amount of fuel. The flame is the excess fuel burning off. As to running 8 discs and no spark arrestor there's no need to. The disks don't do anything without the spark arrestor.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Dude dont get all white trash with your stuff. The rev limiter is there for a reason.

·
Registered
246 Posts
hey if you are flaming at the top you are lean jet up.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
thats what I was gonna say.. sounds lean to me.....

·
Registered
434 Posts

Oh great flame blaster, I too am one of the ones that spits fire! I give unto you 92 octane plus or VP racing fuel so you can scare the crap out of everyone behind you! add a turbo and your only 3 cyl. away from one of those Subaru Rally cars!
Hear me Roar and watch me as I shoot fire out my tailpipe!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
This forum has just gotten alot more annimated. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
we are all dumber for looking at this. LOL just kidding i like this guy!!!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Erik..you too funny........LOL........;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yea....I definantly feel dumber

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah it's when it's hitting the rev limiter. Put the spark arrestor back on. Thats why it is called a spark arrestor, it arrests sparks which cause the flame out the pipe. You only ever want to ride with the spark arrestor out at a MX or tt track, other wise you run the risk of catching stuff on fire. I was running witout it but it looks like I am going to have to put 3 or 4 more disks in, sadly that kit is $30 for extra disks.
If your getting flames without hitting the rev limiter something is wrong, either it is dumping massive amounts of gas into the head pipe (which it would flood if so) or the timing is off, if it's only the pipe and jet you did, just put the spark arrestor back on. The poping that a lot of people have been talking about with the White Bros pipes is due to no spark arrestor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts