Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this off craigslist and it came from the sand dunes in Missouri.

pic from the sales ad

hauling it home from Asheville NC

when I got it home, I noticed an oil leak from the bottom oil screen threaded plug. I replaced that along with CV axles, boots, chain and bearings in the rear end. I also upgraded the front wheel bearings to the tapered kit from Boss Bearings. After reading about a few issues and recalls with these bikes, I pinned the seat latch and installed tether cable to rear sway bar. I also ordered the hardened steel primary nut from DJH and installed full skid plates from PRM-atv. The fuel petcock was leaking and nearly impossible to remove so I added a new larger IMS tank and new petcock.

Now all I need is heel guards or nerf bars to complete the underbody protection. Eventually, I want a (somewhat quiet) forestry approved full system exhaust and new tires. I would also like to widen the atv about 1in all the way around but am not a fan of spacers.

Do they make a Rekluse clutch setup for these ATV's?

In the near future, I'm planning on purchasing new DG front bumper and wider PRM grab bar along with a 450r thumb throttle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One of my front tires kept leaking down rather quickly (overnight) and I couldn't find what it was. I sprayed the tire with soapy water multiple times looking for a leak and couldn't find one so I pulled it and unmounted the tire from wheel. It had all kinds of gunk and buildup inside apparently from previous owner using slime or fix a flat or something. After soaking in parts washer for a while and then sandblasting a little, I was amazed at how corroded and eat up the factory aluminum wheel was.

I have never saw an aluminum wheel in that bad of shape. I wanted to weld it up at first but I think it's beyond repair so I just bought this used DWT blue label wheel off eBay

and then decided to buy a new tire also to not have mismatches on front anymore

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since in running the oversized IMS tank, I had to ditch the tank cover and modify the side pieces a bit. Fitment is not as good as I would like but it'll do I guess.

Any suggestions?

Also, I got the new front tire and wheel mounted and installed today

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a few more goodies for this quad today.

DG V-lite front bumper

And a new grab bar

I tried finding designs that matched the shape of this quad the best I could. Now I kinda wish I would've gotten the DG V-pro bumper instead of the V-lite but oh well

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The flag mount tab on my new rear grab bar was rubbing the tailight and was bugging me so I had to get rid of it and grind it smooth.

Looks cleaner and fits better now I think

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a set of CFM Performance aluminum radiator shrouds for this bike off eBay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ordered a Big Gun Evo R full system exhaust for this atv. Can’t wait to see what it sounds like and hopefully get a little power gain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts