Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an explorer 400 with mud in the motor. Is there any thing like an engine flush or something I can use to get it out because I really don't want to tear it apart again?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Muddy water? Guess, you could drain it mix 50/50 oil & diesel fuel run it for a bit, drain it, repeat process as needed. We do this for water in the crankcase. Guess this applies for mud/muddy water too(;> Works too! (;>

·
Registered
281 Posts
there is probably something you can flush the engine with, but i personally would want to tear the engine down and clean it thourghly to make sure there is not a single grain of dirt in the engine. but since you do not want to tear it down, i would just keep looking for something to flush it with. i hope you find a solution quickly.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You can also run ATF thru it. ATF has lots of additives that help keep thins clean. The Diesel workes as well. If it was me I would do the Diesel then run some ATF for a short time. THEN CHANGE THE OIL EVERYTIME OUT FOR THE NEXT FEW RIDES. Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I will try the diesel full or maybey tear her down. I'm not sure yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts