Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we should start a thread to discuss what everyone is doing for more low end.

Here is my deal. I ride XC so I want smooth power delivery. I rode on my practice track this week and the low end wasn't what I wanted. 1st wasn't tall enough for tight turns, and 2nd wasn't low enough. I run the WB pipe for now. I had the KN in but it ran a little lean and I don't have time to rejet before this weekend. I keep ready about people doing this and that and now it picks the wheels up. That is great but it doesn't help ride XC if the wheels are coming up when you are coming out of corners.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Try switching to a 13/38 tooth combo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Stock gearing is 14/37.

·
Registered
42 Posts
With a 64.6mm stroke the only way to have any bottom end grunt is to gear down,but then your going to loose it on top.14/40 seems to work real well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
got2b1st try superbike air force kit i got good bottom power and good top power had to play with the jets but finally got it rite number 1 jet lowered the needle one notch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I already have one!!!! That helped alot but with a bore to stroke ratio like this beaast has you'll never have that low end that most four strokes are famous for. You just have to pretend its a 2 stroke. LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
ok well rightnow ithink i am running a 38 toth in the rear and the stockfront one. i want moe top end though but i dont want to take away from the low end and suggestions. i also want to pipe the pred with the triniy stage IV kit is this good and is it better than yoshi full exhaust. and with the superbike airforce it what is the perfect jetting and needle numbers please let me know

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I think that every little bit that you do to the beast helps. I think that your going to have to choose which end you would rather have better. You can have a killer bottom end or a killer top end. It all comes down to gearing. As for jetting I dont think any one can tell you what the best jetting would be because for everyone it is different. You will have to dick with that on your own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts