Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was already discussed but I couldn't find it anywhere on the forum.
I finally broke in my predator this weekend and was able to open it up.
The only thing that bothered me was a loud clunking noice around low throttle.
I've read that there is a weird noise but I thought it was discribed as the chain roller.
This sounds like something is actually loose.
Through my checking I did notice that my rear brake calliper was slightly loose but that was all.
Is this the sound that people are referring to?, or do I have a situation on my hands?

Thanks for the help,

Mitch

·
Registered
93 Posts
The caliper bolt issue was resolved in a recall by Polaris. The clunk noise you hear, is it actually a rattling sound? If so, that is the chain on the roller. When the chain is loose it will do it more. But it still does it when you don't have enough speed for the gear you are in. Does that makes sense?

Scott

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I have this problem too when I am in a gear too high for the speed I'm riding. You have to keep the revs up on this bike or the tranny clunks like that. if you just down shift and keep the revs a little higher you'll be fine. By the way Polaris said that this sound is normal on the Predator when the gear is wrong for the speed. hope this helps.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes perfect sense.
That must be what it is then.
It's just alot louder than I was expecting.
Has anyone found a fix to quite this?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have about 20-30 hours on my quad and the noise is almost gone. I've noticed that with time, the noise begins to go away. Also, I sprayed Bel-Ray lithium lube on my chain and now the noise is virtually gone. I say ride it awhile and if you still don't like the noise, get you a Yoshi pipe and that will take care of it!! HA! lol!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I personally dont think the chain noise is the roller. I think the chain slaps the crap out of the skid plate. Wiggle the chain up and down near the skid plate, you can almost duplicate the noise you hear while riding it.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have same chain noise, this bike nees a chain tensioner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts