Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you other Pred owners have the same problem with your gas tank, it's either full or who knows how much is in there. I can never tell if it is a half, 3/4, or almost on reserve. I'm trying to come up with a way to get a better idea of the fuel level, because I tired of not being sure how much I have and worring about being too far to make it back on reserve. Thanks in advance.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
My personal experience on the dunes is that I can ride for over half a day on one tankful... and on the sand, that's pretty darn good because you're using WOT most of the time. That tells me that on the trails, I can go a very long way on a tank.

Sure it doesn't get the same mileage as my old 400EX (which got 40+ mpg even when ridden hard) but it still does way better than any utility quad.

If you need a guage of some sort, my best suggestion is to get a strip of gas-proof rubber and somehow attach it to the underside of the gas cap. It would then hang down in the tank (trim it to the right length) so you can unscrew the cap, lift it up, and see what's left.

Rob

·
Registered
217 Posts
Polaris actually makes a gas tank lid that has a built in gas gauge. I am not sure if it fits the Predator gas tank, but you could call and find out. I have seen it on other quads at the dunes. it seems to work good. Here is a link to one that fits the Scrambler 500.Gas Gauge

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
How big is the Scrambler's gas tank? The thing to keep in mind is that it's calibrated for whatever it's tank size is (betting around 5 gal), so it would read incorrectly on the Predator's 3.25 gal tank.

Although... if it's a simple vertical ball float, that may not actually matter. In which case it'd just be a matter of whether it fits the threads on the Predator tank.

Rob

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
get a stick and poke it in the gas,, be sure to wipe the crud off it first,, seems to work for us hillbilly folk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts