Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day Time

Night Time

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Nice work John! With the vibrations and abuse we put our ATV's through, the LED is a natural fit....now just wait for the "X". Guess maybe I'm wearing out the tease? :D

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks modquad!! It looks a lot cleaner this way without the red big taillight:)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where did you get the lights? Do you have them wired to the running light only, or is the brake light still functional? Thanks

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It's a very easy 3 wire setup in the rear, one is ground, one is running, the last is brake. Easy weekend project. Then there's the topic of different style LED lights, that'll be exposed soon. :D

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep what modquad said.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I mounted them using little plastic mounts or whatever. They sell those at radio shack. The LED's were cheap and so were the little plastic holder things.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thats cool, I just recieved my leds from radlights today and may install them this weekend.. The only thing is that its motorcycle week in NH and I may have to go. I hate when that happens. Two things at once :)

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I liked the Radlites ones but they were like 15 bucks a piece or something and I needed 20 of em and it woulda been way to expensive so I just got 20 of these and they were only a few cents each. I paid like 4 or 5 bucks for em all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ya, but i thought led lights ony lit up so bright.ya know how brake light bulbs have two different filiments one for running and one for brakes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The rad lights offer a three wire kit to alow the light to be used as brake and tail light. What it does is its dim until you hit the brake and then it lights up fully. I think the adapter cuts down the voltage until you hit the brake..Does that make sense?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts