Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made up a new tail light for my Pred. I used some aluminum sheet metal and 2 LED light assemblies. One light is for the running light and the other is for the brake. I will post some pics as soon as i can but for now here is a brief description. one light is above the other and they are about 1 inch by 4 inches. Each light contains 2 rows of 8 LEDs. If one row goes out the other will still work. I have been riding both track and trails and no problems yet. the LEDs hold up better under vibration then bulbs do. I also gave the aluminum the brushed finish so it matches my PRM grab bar. I could possibly make some more if anyone is interested. I can do red and possibly orange for led colors.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Get a pic out here! :D I just switched the bulb over to an LED. Gotta go fire things up after the Hot Seat intake is on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yes vget some pics out there so everyone can see. i love led lites. i was trying to do about the same thing but failed at it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I USED A OVAL GROTE LED LIGHT WHICH FILLS UP THE INSIDE OF THE REAR GRAB BAR NICELY.I CHANGE MIND OUT TO STOP THE NEED OF REPLACING BULBS EVERY TIME I RIDE IT. THE MOUNTING BRACKET FROM GROTE JUST NEEDS A LITTLE TOUCHING TO MAKE IT LOOK OEM.
ONE LIGHT FOR TAIL/BRAKE LIGHT VERY BRIGHT AT NIGHT TOO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts