Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so lessee here... the Predator has been available to the public since late November.

The KFX700 just became available to the public in the last week or two.

ATV Television just did a show on the KFX700 and has yet to do one on the Predator. The guy (Doug Meyer) DID tell me in email a few weeks ago that they had a Predator to do a test on but hadn't yet.

If this doesn't reek of Kawasaki/Suzuki spending $$ to get their machine on the show, I don't know what does. Add to the fact that he has chosen a Suzuki as the winner of every ATV test they've done in recent memory and it seems pretty solid to me.

The Suzuki Ozark 250 won the 250cc 2wd utility comparison...
The Suzuki Vinson got rave reviews (I don't think this was part of a comparison, just a standalone review)
The Suzuki LTZ400 won their last sport quad comparison...
The Suzuki Eiger 400 won their 400cc 4x4 utility comparison...

And now that Doug has ridden the KFX700, he absolutely loves it and it sounds like he's gonna buy one for himself.

Things that make ya go 'hmmmm.'

Me, I can't wait to find one out on the dunes so I can hand it it's ass on a platter. BTW, I read over on Connection that some guys have raced piped Raptors and gotten beat, which tells me the Predator will defintely be taking it.

Rob

·
Registered
249 Posts
just seen one today at the local dealer. it's huge! i can't see how it will do anything in the tight trails. one of the salesman says it's powerful, but that's just one aspect of a fine machine. i can't see how it will jump good. it just looks so heavy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
hey dudes i bought the first kfx700 that hit the showroom floor and i love that thing. kfx will surprise you how much power its got. wont out run my predator but it puts up a good fight. nothing will touch it off the line for about 200 feet. kfx700 is very smooth riding and jumps well.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll admit that I'd love to have a KFX700 as a second sport quad, but it certainly would NOT replace my Predator.

Now to figure out how to afford yet another freakin' quad... ;)

Rob

·
Registered
119 Posts
hey robg took the words right out of my mouth.

·
Registered
119 Posts
robg on a track my predator kills my 700

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
saw a couple of 700's at the track last weekend with women riding them..lol

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured it would be a great women's quad since odds are good that the average female wouldn't want to deal with shifting. :)

Rob

·
Registered
119 Posts
the kfx700 is a mans machine gears dont mean nothing when it comes power.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I was the first to publish the weight of that tank. I agree IT"S HUGE!!! Doug Meyer, Mier, Myer, or whatever his name is, is scared of a Predator. He even said the 700 was the perfect old man's machine. I can't even watch that show.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I sat on one at a dealer around here..they either had the suspension rigged up or somthing, cause i sat on it and it DIDNT move! And people say the Pred suspension is stiff! I just couldnt beleive how BIG it is! It was comfy to sit on, but it was just too big. I dont know why they wouldnt put smaller plastic on it..at least TRY to make it look smaller!

Then again, people say they work real good..so whos to say?

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keep in mind that shocks need time to properly break in, just like a motor. So if a machine feels stiff when brand new, give it some time. Every machine I've owned has softened up with some miles on it.

As for ATV TV, yeah, I'm getting awfully tired of ole Doug. He seems like a nice enough guy, but the show isn't polished at all, and really does look like it's done in somebody's basement.

Rob

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had the Polaris Scramler 500 (2) wheel drive (automatic) before buying the Preditor. It was fast out of the hole but not good in the sand.I'm looking forward to the review of the Kawi 700 in the the dunes because they will have to be honest since the automatic sucks on sand, no great roosting!

I could ride the automatic all day and not get tired but you really do feel like a woman on it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey when is that ATV TV?????????

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's on the Outdoor Channel. You'll have to check your local listings for your local times, but on Dish Network, it's on at 6 PM on Thursdays (Pacific Time), and again Friday morning at 6 AM.

I don't recommend eating anything unsettling before watching it, because you'll either spit it up, or you'll end up sick to your stomach from laughing so hard, depending on how you react to things. :)

Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts