Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
State Park Trails.
I've never been here before but I hear it's great.
Has anyone else been riding there before?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nope, I was just looking at the trail maps today for that area, they look pretty nice. I am looking at hitting them up soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been by them many times, never had the time to ride. Hey CHEESEBOWL let me know how they are. I live and ride in the Newberry area. Alot of trails, and not too many people usually.

·
Registered
993 Posts
If your going to the state trails off of the north side of 72, they are pretty nice, they have a-lot of sand in the dirt in areas there and it seems to keep the dust down a little better. Have you ever tried riding in the mio or gladwin areas? They are excellent if your into tighter trails. We rode for an entire weekend and never rode the same loop twice.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally made it up there.
Being my first trip to a state riding area we weren't sure what to expect.
There were two trail heads. We started out on the second because the first was closed for dump day or something like that. On the second trail head our group leader accidentally broke off and rode on some snowmobile trails by mistake. They were definitely the more scenic of the two trails that we rode on. We eventually rode some nice tight trails through the woods off of the first trail head. (I think it was a twenty three mile loop, then another 19 back to the trail head.) The trails were pretty dusty. We definitely could have used some rain the night before. We stayed at the Traverse City State Park. Camp site 301 was perfect for a tent and trailer.
We did find a nice riding area off of a state park nearby. I forget the name of the road but it's something like sunset blvd. We drove about ten miles back on a dirt / sand road. and parked. There were a lot of trails with hill climbs / sand hills / gas pipelines to follow. Very nice for picture taking. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera on that trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts