Polaris Riders Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
just to let you guys know what worked for me. I live at 1,700 ft above sea level and with the white brothers slip on and the k&n drop in I run a 157.5 main jet and I tried it with the neadle up a notch, (ran like crap). tried it with the 157.5 and the neadle in the stock position. wow! thats what this thing needed. if you live closer to sea level you'll need to go richer, if you live higher than 1,700 you'll wanna be leaner. but only drasticaly if there is a real big change in altitude. 1,000 ft give or take may be the same as mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
just to let you guys know what worked for me. I live at 1,700 ft above sea level and with the white brothers slip on and the k&n drop in I run a 157.5 main jet and I tried it with the neadle up a notch, (ran like crap). tried it with the 157.5 and the neadle in the stock position. wow! thats what this thing needed. if you live closer to sea level you'll need to go richer, if you live higher than 1,700 you'll wanna be leaner. but only drasticaly if there is a real big change in altitude. 1,000 ft give or take may be the same as mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I with you Toomanytoys i also live about 1700 ft and i have the same type of setup except i put only two uni-filters in airbox and removed the snorkel i am running a 160 main and a 50 pilot. This setup seems to work best for me.Also better a little rich then too lean ya know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yep, I hear yah. I haven't tried any airbox mods yet, but i'm shure it will be neverending. i'm tring to come up with a good airbox mod with out the univents. maybe make the stock snorkle hole bigger and somehow make up a bigger snorkle. I'll keep you guys posted

·
Registered
190 Posts
Westach exhaust temp gauge. Does any one have an egt? I just put one on, and get 800 F at idle. At 2000 rpm reading is 1100-1200 F. I have a K @ N filter, and WB slip on, 155 main, at 2500 feet. Temp seems to hot. Will try 160 main, tomorrow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Toomanytoys: how is your plug burning with a 157.5, and how many disks do you have in the pipe if I may ask. I also have a drop in k&n, WB pipe, but it seems that I just cant key mine in exactly...its real close sometimes, but no tune seems fine enough.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts