Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my pro circuit slip on installed, and my K&N direct filter installed. I have a 167.5 main (170 and 50 pilot jet going to be here soon) the needle at 1 notch from the bottom. With my 14/38 combo 1,2,3, and most of 4th is just plain nasty. Its amazing really how much power it has. But once i start to rap out 4th and then into 5th it feels like the power is really kinda flat. Like i would expect to hit the revlimiter but nothing is happening. Is this a main jet problem? I was thinking it was so i got a 170 on the way. And also will i only notice the 50 pilot jet when it is idling. If so why does everyone get these, or does it change something else except for the idle? Im kind ain the blue about what the pilot jet does and why the air screw needs to be messed with. And i have already drilled out the air screw.

·
Registered
118 Posts
First put your needle third down from the top. secound, air/fuel screw 2 1/2 turns out. Check your float leval!!!!!!!!! do not change your pilot. last 170 sounds right with the clamp on.

·
Registered
246 Posts
this sound right to me as well but i am at 2 and a 1/4 out on the fuel screw

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wondering why not change the pilot? Will the float level affect the upper rpms? thanks guy for your help, and also do you move that tab out or in and how many mm are going to?

·
Registered
429 Posts
What is it about the float. Are we making sure it's within spec? I checked mine and it's out. It's set at almost 15mm and Polaris recommends 13-14.

·
Registered
246 Posts
it depends on what you have done to your motor for fuel intake 15 not bad especially if you have any mod done to the air box

·
Registered
429 Posts
Have ya'll come up with any needles yet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts