Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a jet kit on my predator for about 3 months now and I'm starting to wonder if it's right or not. I've got teh stage 3 jet kit, clamp on air filter and WB slip on exhaust pipe. My first question is what is the rev limiter supposed to sound like. I'm not sure if I'm hitting the rev limiter at WOT or if it's not jetted right. I had a 180 main jet in it, by the way, I live in SE Kansas, elevation about 700 ft above sea level. I switched from the 180 down to the 175 main jet today and it still does it. I'm not sure if it's to the same degree as bad, but still. Advice needed.....

Brian

·
Registered
839 Posts
What does the plug look like? I know they are a pain to get out but see what it looks like. If it's really dark brown or black it's too rich. Go to a smaller main. If it's white or glazed gray (ca oxygenated gas sucks)it's lean. go up a jet size. The best way to check the plug is to put a new one in first though, so that you get a better reading.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went down to the 175 main, I'll try the 170 main jet and see what happens. If that doesn't cure my problem, if it is a problem (rev limiter or popping at top end WOT). Who knows......... I'll keep you posted. I'll probably end up with a new plug and doing it the old fashioned way. What is the part # of a good plug to use?

Brian

·
Registered
839 Posts
How did that 170 main work out? You can tell when you hit the rev limiter because it just stops pulling and almost feels as if the ignition is cutting out, because that "is" what is happening. If it revs cleanly all the way up and hits that "wall", then it's probably the rev limiter. It hits the rev limiter fast when you do the mods you have. That's a good thing though, it just means that it revs quicker.

·
Registered
525 Posts
The only ? I have is, fuel screw. And what elv is Chetopa Kansas at. And list all of your mods. More info needed, maybe some one can help. I think I said this before. LOL I hope 108 ct is in here. lol

later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts