Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i`m about 1800 ft.. Was wanting to know a good jet size can`t seem to get it right.I have a w/b pipe and a k/n drop in filter, i all so removed the snorkel and i have two 1 in uni filters in airbox. seems to be too lean i have a 160 in it knw needle moved down 1 clip. Any ideas

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Tom, when you say "seems" to be too lean, doesn't sound like you did a plug check. Take the time to pop off the front and side plastic. Do a 1/4 throttle run, stabilizing the throttle for at least 1/4 mile then use the kill swithch on the bars to kill the ignition. Coast to a stop. Shut the gas off. Slip a golf-tee in the fuel line going to the pump (helps eliminate fuel spilling back). Loosen the tank and slide it out of your way. Do this for the 1/2, 3/4, and wide open throttle also. Get yourself some di-electric grease from your local auto store also, and put a dab of that inside the sparkplug boot. Also are you familiar with where the pilot adj screw is on this carb? You have to drill out a factory plug. It's the forward most brass plug on the bottom of the carb, in front of the float-bowl.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i did pull the plug and it is lean.But what i`m trying to say is i put a 165 in and it ran so bad i went back to the 160 i have a 162.5 on order could not find one anywhere around.When i put the 160 back in i also moved the needle down 1 clip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts