Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Dynatek FS Ignition worth the money? Does it give you noticable power gains? Is it reliable? Answers to these questions are greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
A question I have wanted to know for a while now.

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
Yes. It retards the timing for starting whoch the cheap cdis do not. It gives more top end, was noticeable to me and a buddy.

Only problem was that it wouldn't work after I washed my quad but it can be solved. Either the teather wires got wet or the cdi got water in it were the wires go into it. These areas can be sealed. It fired after it dried out though.

I was happy with it. You can also program it

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Who programmed your's Jeff?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I have run the DYNA on my Pred and now on the DS. Look at this thread: DYNA (go half way down the page and you will see the dyno graphs of the DYNA curves I did) Is the Dynatek FS Ignition worth the money? YES Does it give you noticable power gains? YES, but don't expect it to be like adding an exhaust, or the like. More like .5 to 2hp in the curve at places. Is it reliable? YES, have had no problems running the DYNA on the Pred nor the DS as of yet. Chris

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have one, and I am very happy with it. I had the water issue on the tether plug also. Just di grease it and you'll be good.

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
MIne was stock prgramming. It did not shine till I put it at the top advance curve. I also run 92 octane, I have always run it though.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Curve 4 is stock curve.

Curve 1 - More power at low RPM and more over rev than stock. More advance at low and less at high RPMs.

Curve 2 - Extremely strong power band in the lower RPM range. More advance at all RPMs.

Curve 3 - High RPM power band. Less advance at all RPMs.

Curve 4 - Identical to stock. Has higher spark energy so will be better than stock.

This is generic to all stock programmed DYNA ignitions.

Ont he dyno curve 2&3 performed the best, and where almost identical. Curve 2 had a hair more power in the mid range, but curve 3 pulled strong on top end.

Run curve 2 or 3 of the stock programs.

When I get my programmer working, I am gonna try combining the bottom-mid of curve 2 with the top end of curve 3.

Chris

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
i had a witebrothers cdi and after i put in a set of hot cams my quad ran faster with the stock cdi. if i got the DYNA do you think the presets would work? or would it have to be reprogramed? and how do you reprogram? ( i'm still running an 03 pred)

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Yes the stock DYNA programmed curves work.

You can send it to someone that can reprogram it (Nicholas was the only one that was doing Preds I'm aware of for the DYNA). Or, you could by the DYNA programmer for $99 and play with the curves.

Chris

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
ok, I found the instruction sheet for the dyna fs.

The 3rd curve goes to 28' at 5500 and has raised rev limiter

The 4th curve goes to 33' at 3500 and drops at 8500 to 20' at 9000 which is the rev limiter. This is the stock adv curve and limiter.

The 1st follows the 4th except it does not drop off at 8500 so it has the higher limiter

The 2nd curve goes to 34' at 3400 and has the higher limit.

It was the 2nd that showed a difference to me on my 06 outlaw in 3rd gear on up. It brought it to life a little more. I could pretty much tell only when drag racing others after switching it and pulling 3rd gear wheelies was a little easier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everybody, I am new to this website. So i would like to start off by just saying hi. But to the point, how many more RPMs do you get with the FS over stock (for the predator)? I am on the rev limiter way too much and am really interested in either Dyna or the Vortex. Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
You know what guys,I wasn't to impressed with it.I tested mine at the Dunes last weekend and couldn't get the bike to pull without hitting the revlimiter on all curves,curve 2 worked the best up comp hill and 3 on the drags but couldn't pull 4th gear without hitting the limiter.My Procom seem to have better overrev on all gears but killed my oneway.

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
I am pretty sure the procom and the dyna have the same rev limiter except on the stock dyna curve which is 9100. I do agree that the best curve is the 2nd though.

The Outlaw are you hitting the reve limiter in all the gears? If so you should try short shifting it and it will be faster.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
SSJEFF I'm not hitting the revlimiter on all gears,I was short shifting just couldn't pull 4th gear long enough like I use to with the Procom on the Drags.I did like the selectible curves for the different types of riding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curve 4 is stock curve.

Curve 1 - More power at low RPM and more over rev than stock. More advance at low and less at high RPMs.

Curve 2 - Extremely strong power band in the lower RPM range. More advance at all RPMs.

Curve 3 - High RPM power band. Less advance at all RPMs.

Curve 4 - Identical to stock. Has higher spark energy so will be better than stock.

This is generic to all stock programmed DYNA ignitions.

Ont he dyno curve 2&3 performed the best, and where almost identical. Curve 2 had a hair more power in the mid range, but curve 3 pulled strong on top end.

Run curve 2 or 3 of the stock programs.

When I get my programmer working, I am gonna try combining the bottom-mid of curve 2 with the top end of curve 3.

Chris
Where or what is the part number for one that will work with the 05-06? I can find a 03/04 but no 05-06. Is their and adapter I can buy to use and 03-04? If so what is that part number for the adapter? Thanks for ur response.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts