Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI
Trying to figure out if my 07 Outlaw 500 is the same as the 07 Outlaw 525 with regards to interchangeable parts? There are a lot of aftermarket parts out there for the 450 and 525 but hardly anything for the 500. Could I, for example, get a Lonestar tie rod kit for an 07 525 and have it fit on my 500? I did purchase a Lonestar steering stem that was for the 525 and it worked just fine on my 500 but I dont know what other parts on my machine will work. Anyone know? As always, thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
They should be the same... only difference being engine mounts... you can find out Saturday... pull it over next to mine & compare.

Be careful about anything listed as being for the 450 & 525 as that would be for an 08-up straight-axle chassis.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Did a bit of checking.... all steering/suspension componants all interchange... no difference.

Only difference really, is in parts that would have to allow for the different engines... naturally, the above mentioned engine mount points on the frame.

Different seats to allow for the different airboxes... that type of stuff.

But, steering/suspension parts all swap.

If you're ever in doubt just go to http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp and check the part numbers between the two versions... if you come up with the same part number, it's a wash.

If you look at the two frame drawings, there doesn't appear to be any difference at all except for engine, seat, & fuel tank mounting.

2007 - 500

2007 - 525

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
I was unaware of the seat but I know the frame is way different around the motor.

Tie rods are the same. The whole front suspension is the same from 06-08. In 09 they went to a different steering stem and tie rods. The a-arms are the same from 06-2010 as far as I know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was unaware of the seat but I know the frame is way different around the motor.

Tie rods are the same. The whole front suspension is the same from 06-08. In 09 they went to a different steering stem and tie rods. The a-arms are the same from 06-2010 as far as I know.
will the stem still mount up i have a 06 500 going to pick up a 525 stem from a 09 will it still work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts