Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a Warrior and I am very unhappy with the suspension. I've ridden a couple Z400s and really like the suspension on them. I know that the Predator is awesome on jumps, but how is it on the bumps? Does is soak up most of the bumps, or does it jar your back? Thanks for the help...

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I think it soaks up the bumps EXTREMELY well. FAR better than my 400EX ever could have. Remember that the Predator has Fox shocks all the way around. The rear has its own external reservoir with compression clicker on it, plus adjustable rebound too. The fronts just have the screw-type adjustable preload but they're still lightyears ahead of my old 400EX.

I think you'll be extremely happy with it, especially when you utterly DESTROY the Z400s in power and overall handling.

Rob

·
Registered
101 Posts
Actually Rob i have to disagree with you on one thing. I own the Pred and love it, but the z400 does have better overall handeling than the pred. The Pred is a better overall quad though, and the power of the z doesnt come close to the pred. Buy the Predator.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Can you go into more detail as to exactly how the KFX is better handling?

Rob

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the overall handling is better (or rider freindly) on the Predator over the Z400, I have better lap times and have much more energy when I come home on the Predator, the Z400 wore me out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I feel that the z400 is easier to control around corners, and it is easier to jump. Everyone has their own opinoin, and that is mine. Dont get me wrong i wouldnt trade my predator for anything else, and i am not saying that it does not handle well. You just got to give the other quads props when deserved.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i rode my buddys z400 and its not near the bike the predator is and its all so weak. the predator will smoke a z400 on a track.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I never said the z400 was faster, and i also never said the z400 would win against the predator on the track. All i said was it turns and jumps better. I know the Predator is a way better quad, i just found those 2 things to be a little easier on the z

·
Registered
119 Posts
the z400 may turn better to you witch is fine but it dont to me.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
When I rode my friends Z around for a bit I did notice that the Z did seem to feel a lot more cushy than my Pred. However, the Pred still kills all other quads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts