Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone is able to tell me if it is possible to put Pred plastic on a Sportsman 90. I bought the Sportsman 'cause the price was right!!! and my son loves it, but he feels funny racing it with a front rack on it (I took the rear one off). Momma just got a Pred 500 and he wants (read me...) his to look like hers. I am fairly mech. inclined and have a fully outfitted shop to do the work in (if it is an involved job). Anyway I was wondering if anyone had done it to see if it is worth it. I can always sell the Sportsman and buy a Pred if I have to.

Thanks for your help

Jamie

·
Registered
223 Posts
The frame on the Sportsman has some Diff mounting spots than the Pred. Also the seat if diff. I have a set of Sportsman plastic that has been race cut for sale. You would need to add nerf bars and a battery box.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a sportsman frame that I moved all the mounting to fit the predator plastic and had it chromed. I did this all before i got the Rath duels.And to my surprise the sportsman frame doesn't have the right hole locations to mount the Rath brackets. So I have a frame that's gusseted, re-welded, pegs installed for nerfs and chromed that is no good to me. If you would like it 150. plus shipping and it's yours.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank-you both for the help. Pred70, I think I'll have to pass as it will cost too much in the end... may even just look into selling the Sportsman and buying him a Pred... We'll see.... Big Daddy, still thinking on your offer... I'll try to swing it by the one that tries to control my spending on things that are motorized..... if you know what i mean...

Jamie

Reactions: tmiller

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a sportsman frame that I moved all the mounting to fit the predator plastic and had it chromed. I did this all before i got the Rath duels.And to my surprise the sportsman frame doesn't have the right hole locations to mount the Rath brackets. So I have a frame that's gusseted, re-welded, pegs installed for nerfs and chromed that is no good to me. If you would like it 150. plus shipping and it's yours.
Back from the dead post here. I am also looking to do the same for my 2006 sportsman I just picked up for my son. I'd be interested in this frame or help determining how to get some racier plastics on it for him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts