Polaris Riders Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good idea with the toggle and using the keyhole for the tether, I am thinking about doing the same thing. (busted ignition and bent bars from a rollover)

I just sketched a schematic showing how to wire a DPDT switch that would perfectly replace the stock keyswitch. All you really need is a basic toggle for the outter two wires, but using a dpdt switch you can also connect the inner two when the switch is off to maintain the 'kill switch' functionallity of the stock keyswitch. If anyone wants to see it give me your e-mail address.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thought about that but couldn't find a switch. You could also use a relay to accomplish the same thing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well you need a sealed DPDT (6-terminal) on-on switch with quick connect lugs or screw terminals.

This fits the bill nicely, but is a little expensive:
Part number: 8002k82 $23.09 Round toggle envoronmentally sealed DPDT on-on 15amp (solder lug, 1/4" quick-disconnect, or screw terminal)

http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/109/html/0790.html

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yuuup, put a switch on the two red wires on the ignition. The red and black one is the hot wire. A good place to mount the switch is under the clutch side fender above the radiator cap on the steering stem bracket. Just reach under the fender and there ya go. I put my starter button there too. It's my anti theft feature!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Idk
Good idea with the toggle and using the keyhole for the tether, I am thinking about doing the same thing. (busted ignition and bent bars from a rollover)

I just sketched a schematic showing how to wire a DPDT switch that would perfectly replace the stock keyswitch. All you really need is a basic toggle for the outter two wires, but using a dpdt switch you can also connect the inner two when the switch is off to maintain the 'kill switch' functionallity of the stock keyswitch. If anyone wants to see it give me your e-mail address.
how old this post is but if you still have a pic I would like to see how you did it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts