Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am into drag racing and i"ve learned that traction is everything so i need some advice on a good tire. The tracks i race on are all hard packed dirt/clay i'm currently running on honda radials and had some good luck with them but they are weak and cheap. So andrecemondation recommendationswould be great.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
***Please don't post multiple threads of the same topic***

The OEMHonda 450R Dunlops are a pretty good choice for hard pack clay. I have also heard good things about the Turf Tamers as well for that type of surface.

Chris

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my buddie had drag cut turf tamers he had every other row of knobs taken out. They were amazing but drag only. And I like my radials but i got like 3 holes in them already. I was lookin a Razr 2s or I-Razr's

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
I razrs are super soft while Razr 2s are probably not a real good choice for hard pack since they are harder compound. Do you spin on the hard pack?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah alot haha its pretty bad but the honda radials helped alot. so I-Razr maybe?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
You think the hoosiers would have enough traction or would they also just spin? Thinking I razrs also

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hoosiers are a little expensive i think. I want something i dont have to change before every race also haha

·
Premium Member
7,633 Posts
I like my I-Razr's, but they are heavy.
I can really feel my quad slow down when installing the I razrs after the stock tires/wheels.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm well I've decided to go with the I-Razr's hopefully they wont steal to much power haha. But i really like the tread pattern and the fact that they are 6ply.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just had my first ride on new Irazrs tonite. They hooked up extremely well in everything I tried them on, from hardpack to mud and everything in between. Actually they had too much traction for my IRS, it was two-wheeling a lot easier. I think they will work great for what I ride when they wear out a little more.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had i razrs from stock and loved them but they wore our pretty quick. Now i have a full set of razr ballance tires. they are radial like the irazr and have the spacing of the irazr but the big nob of the razr 2. They are the perfect combination of the two in my opinion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts