Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i put my whitebros. pipe on and when i went to rejet i couldnt get the screws loose for nothing and now they are stripped out so my dad is like i will try something new, the things from craftsman them screw out things and now the screws are really mess up does anyone now how to get out the screws.

·
Registered
149 Posts
USE A HACKSAW AND CUT A GROOVE IN THE HEAD OF THE BOLT AND USE A FLAT SCREWDRIVER TO REMOVE THEM... OR A GOOD OLD PAIR OF VISE GRIPS... ONCE YOU GET THEM OUT, REPLACE THEM WITH ALLEN HEAD BOLT TYPE INSTEAD BECAUSE ONCE YOU START JETTING AND MODIFY IT NEVER ENDS GOOD LUCK THE PREDATORIZER

·
Registered
315 Posts
Either that or drill them out ery carefully. Make sure and replace them. They are SOFT.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used some 90 degree wire cutters, got a good squeeze and they came right out. If you are looking for allen head screws go to a John Deere dealer and order part # 19M7702

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Do like the others suggested. A good compact Vise-grip (name brand plier, don't buy the imitations). Once you do replace them, you can get the allen head screws like the others said (Local hardware store), for added security, you can get them a bit longer, then use lockwashers. I also put a dab of blue loctite on the threads, run the screw down and back a few times to distribute the loctite. This not only helps hold the screw in place, but helps deter dissimilar metal corrosion. While you're at it, change out the 2 screws on the top of the carb. The ones holding down the diaphragm cover.

·
Registered
429 Posts
As they all have said...vise grips or cut a slot (I used a dremel with a cutting wheel) and use a flat head. Then change out for allen screw. Search the forum...several of us have posted the screw sizes previously

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
take a philips screwdriver put on head of bolt and hit with hammer couple times it seams to lossen then use needle nose vise grips works great

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
take a philips screwdriver put on head of bolt and hit with hammer couple times it seams to lossen then use needle nose vise grips works great

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay on them easy outs i tried them but i looked like it was just cutting a cone shape into the bolt is this right. thanxs guys and if them dont work im going to soak the bolts in wd40 and then get out the old vise grips. thanxs

·
Registered
429 Posts
Get the allen screw!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
What size did you get? I am too lazy to take one out and measure!! lol

I got mine out rather easy so have not had to replace them yet!

But next time I wanna replace them as they are a little soft and will wear out from repeated removals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts