Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the pulg was about the color of a hersey chocolate bar, the bike is not running that great, i think the 155 that hmf sent me was a lil to rich for the stock air-box and filter...

i ride near water and so on, so i am not going to mod the airbox anytime soon...

thanx to all for the help.

IMO the plug should be about the colot or carmel in a snickers bar... man i am hungry no. I question my opinion because I am an ex-banshee racer. going 4-stroke and remembering 2-stroke colors and information is my problem...

also what size is the factory main jet???

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
If you go back to the stock jet of 150, you should be running right on. Without the airbox mod, you don't need to rejet really.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I wanted to make sure before I did it. another 5 bucks wasted thanks to HMF.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Mine was perfect with the HMF slip on and the 155 main. The only other thing I did was the K&N in the stock airbox (No Holes). But then again I'm pretty close to sea level. I have been hearing these things are a pain to jet. Like you I am a long time Banshee rider - Still learning this new fangled four stroke stuff.

Good luck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, you knowm what is up with "no mixing oil with gas" and having to change oil??? i would change my tranny oil every 3 years when i would blow the banshee up (amsoil rocks.)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I Haven't really figured out what they mean when they say four strokes require less maintenance either.

·
Registered
557 Posts
anyone running a dynojet kit needle. Where you running your clip on the needle? Mine is on the 2 notch but it is cutting out at about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. Because of the miss in the lower throttle position I believe it is more in the needle position. I am going to try to move the needle position down to the 3rd notch and try richen it up and see what happens. Any input?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts