Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing the transmission oil on my kids preadator and it was pure white!
Has anyone done anything to redirect gearcase vent.
The easist answer is just stay out of the water but thats no fun

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
559 Posts
If oil is staying in your transmission and water is also getting in, then it must be coming in the top vent pipe. As per its manual (and recommendation on most other mini quads), the MAX water level should be at the running board level (or foot pegs for those units that don't have running boards). The transmisison vent is located at the top left back of the transmission. It has a 90 degree bend on its rubber hose. If water is going into this vent, then you must be going way above your max water line. If my estimates are right, that's 8" (6" transmission + 2" rubber hose) above the factory max water line. If you like going that deep with a mini quad, perhaps you should purchase a bigger unit??? Say a 100cc -> 250cc (that has higher ground clearance) or even a boat. Try NOT to go that deep into the water. At this depth, it also washes all grease / oil out of the under carage area and makes your brakes way too wet. Due to our trails, we "try" NOT to exceed 4" above our running boards - and that's only in those unexpected deep pot holes that a driver can't see under the dirty water. If we go 4" deeper for more then 4 seconds, we pull ours back out. It's NOT worth going forward anymore.

If you still want to run your mini-quad as a boat (with 4 wheels), I'm not too sure how to plug the transmisison vent. Perhaps you could make it longer & higher with a simular rubber hose and hope for the best???

Hope this helps...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts