Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hear it from all you guys. Has anyone been beaten on acceleration by any other quad. My son has ridden mine against everything out there both stock and modified, and has yet to be beaten. We have embarassed many a Raptor and Banshee owner, along with several highly modified Hondas including 400 Ex's and 250 R's. The best was a over zealous dad on a modified Suzuki Quadzilla who got spanked by 3 bike lengths to 70. And no one wants to play on any kind of dirt track. In my opinion, this is the best out of the box quad that money can buy!Let's hear your comments

·
Registered
119 Posts
i will agree it is one cool bike. the japs are stumped.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I have also beaten an LT500. Everyone I have raced is HIGHLY impressed with my predator. One of my riding buddies is strictly dirtbikes, but he loves to ride my predator anytime he can. These are just awesome bikes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had my stock predatorupto 73 mph in the 1/4 mile

·
Registered
993 Posts
I was screwing around with a buddy of mine on a 02 raptor (pro-design pro flow intake/k&n, trinity full exhaust, dyno-jet kit) and I beat him every time, but not by too much. We raced from a standstill and from about a 10 mph roll. From a roll I still beat him, but only by about a bike length, from a stop I got about one and a half to two lengths on him. If yamaha ever gets there head out of there ass and puts a 2 inch longer swingarm on the raptor I'm sure they would be a little more competive, but they aren't, thats why predators sell like they do. The way I see it for $600 for a +2 swingarm, $350 for a decent axel, $575 for wider a-arms, and at least $1800 in shocks, every raptor would be as good of a bike as a stock $6000 predator. I have raced 300 feet on banshees for years and never thought I would own anything but a yamaha or a honda. (gotta love the 250R) Me and a couple buddies actually went to buy raptors, but after a few hours of looking at the raptor and the predator side by side, the only smart choice was the predator all the way. This is just my opinion and I know opinions vary, but I've been on quads since I could walk and thats how I feel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just the othe day i raced my buddy chirs....and he has a Highly modified raptor...he has been braggin all week about how his yamaha will smoke my troy lee edition pred...so we raced and i smoked him..not by a whole lot but enough to make him trade his raptor in for a pred....these machines are amazing....the only thing im worried about is the test of time..i wanna see how it holds up...because if it does it will go down as the best quad in history

·
Registered
455 Posts
Im currently building the 435EX that is in my profile below. When its done, ill have someone drag race me with it, while Im on the Predator.

Im working in New Jersey for Sprint for most of the summer and the Honda is in Ohio. Who knows when I get a chance to wrench on it again.... :(

·
Registered
119 Posts
the 435 still wont stay with a predator i dont no how far you race but if you race all out to top end there will be no catching the pred.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Going RACING tomorrow... gonna find out just what she really has!!!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Placed 1st in class four stroke stock 401cc and up... and 2nd in four stroke modified 440cc and up. 14/42 gear and 22-11-9 pro wedges.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Congrants way to show em how its done on a POLARIS. I cant wait untill my first race but first I got to find places in New York race at. If anyone knows of any place let me know!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I ran a very trick Banshee last weekend. I took him hauling my big butt and all....this included a straight line w/ a high speed low jump and a big sweeper. I took him everytime. Except when I rode his Banshee. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts