Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST REJETTED AND RODE FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AND CHECKED THE PLUG AND ITS GRAY SO I WENT UP A JET AND RAN THE BIKE AND IT RAN LIKE CRAP SO I WENT BACK DOWN AND THE ONLY COLOR I CAN GET IS GREY BUT HAVE ONLY BEEN RIDING FOR AN HOUR ON THE PLUG DOES IT TAKE A WHILE TO GET THE COLOR OR SHOULD IT SHOW UP RIGHT AWAY IT RUNS GREAT RIGHT NOW JET IN IT IS 170 ALL I HAVE IN IT IS A JET KET AND DROP IN K&N AND 6 UNI VENTS ANY INFO WOULD HELP THANKS GUYS

·
Registered
839 Posts
Do you have a slip on pipe? Is your elevation is between sea level and 3000ft?If so, try a 170 main and 50 pilot. Don't do any other carb mods. Like I metioned in your other post the gray plug could be because of the oxygenated fuel in your area. You can get around this by trying some race gas. Don't get the super high octane stuff. Unless you have internal engine mods you won't get a performance increase. You'll have to change the plug again though, the gray just won't go away. You should start to get good color after about 15 min.

·
Registered
184 Posts
What size jets are you using, and are they mikuni jets or dynojet?

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Most AV gas has a lot of lead in it. Thats what the LL stands for... low lead... but it has a lot more lead than the gas we use to use in our cars.. The lead in the fuel could be leaving deposits on the plug making it harder to read.

·
Registered
839 Posts
bsmoked, stay away from AV gas. There are some other posts on this website as to the reason why. When I say race gas, I'm refering to VP, Union 76 or Trick. You can buy these from performace shops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts