Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running the hiper technology carbon fiber beadlock wheels? If so what are your thoughts about them? Getting ready to order a set and would appreciate anyones feedback that already has them.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
The scott filters are reuseable?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes they are, they also filter to 35 microns absolute. That is much better than any paper filter. They are made from a stanless steel mesh screen and can be cleaned with just about any solvent, soap and water, or brake clean ect...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered a set of Hiper wheels (front and rear) for motocross. I have had some difficulty with logistics with this company. Latest problem is that they finally shipped the wheels after six weeks of "they're in the mail". The wheels I received are of superb quality, but the rears did not fit the Honda bolt pattern I ordered (after five phone calls!) They are working with me to correct this. In summary, the wheels are awesome. Support is poor at this point- hopefully this will immprove. I am not looking forward to ordering replacement parts! I will post re on the quad performance when I get the wheels mounted and tested on the motocross track. BTW- they look great with red beadlocks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just curious cause i didnt think The Pred had the Honda Bolt pattern on the rear. Its the same as the 88/89 Banshee, but didnt think any honda's had it. Maybe im wrong or maybe they're for a honda! ;)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the rear hubs on the predator have to be changed to raths hubs with the honda bolt pattern. Hiper did offer the polaris bolt pattern for a while, but demand was not there, so now they offer rath's hubs to convert your predator to the honda bolt pattern. rath offers two different widths, the cross-country is a bit narrower than stock and the M/X is approx. 2 inches wider than stock. rumor has it that in the very near future the predators will come from polaris with different rear hubs than they currently do. I am not positive when, but the bolt pattern will be different very soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rngmstr, you are correct. I ordered the Rath hubs in the Honda bolt pattern (4 x 110). I am on the second set of Hiper rear wheels that do not fit the Rath hubs. Hopefully they will get the center section problem corrected soon... I will post again if I get a set of rear wheels that fit so I can evaluate them.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sucks about the wheels not fitting, mine went on, but it took a few minutes to get it right, As long as I have the wheel perfectly even on all four studs it will go right on, but even the slightest angle and they wont.

·
Registered
20 Posts
RngMstr- Are you using the Rath Hubs? No amount of movement will allow the rear wheel to fit over the Rath studs. It looks like the the holes are 110 mm center to center but one set is rotated about one degree from 90 with respect to the axis of the other two. The fronts fit fine. My Rath hubs accept my wife's Honda Rancher wheels with no problem!! After 6 weeks of this, I am wondering if these wheels are worth the hassle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
FYI- The phone lines at Hiper have been answered by a recording saying "this mailbox is full" for the last 5 days! Any body know what's up? I still haven't got a set of wheels for the rear that fit my Rath hubs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finally got the problem solved! Turns out the the Rath hubs I ordered thru Hiper were defective. Hiper finally sent me a second set of hubs and they bolt up fine. If you have any problems with Hiper, talk to Tom Jr. He will solve your problem quickly. By the way- the wheels are awesome. I would recommend them to anyone.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
What is the difference between the stock wheels and these Hiper tech Carbon wheels other than the fact that they are carbon? Lighter and stronger??? What do they look like and HOW MUCH are they??? Thanks

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The hiper wheels probably weigh very close to the stock wheels, but they are duel beadlocks on the rears and single on the fronts. carbonfiber can give a little with out bending like aluminum wheels. hiper will give you a new wheel for free if you damage it within a year and after that it is like $30 to replace the damaged piece. (the wheels are a modular bolt togeather design) With the beadlocks, if you do happen to get a flat, the tire will stay on the rim instead of slipping off the lip. You can see several pictures of there product at hiper-technology.com They are comming out with some stronger tie-rods for quads in the next few weeks, they should be pretty cool.

Tom jr is the guy to talk to (like robertinargyle said) his mom or dad usually will answear though, he is hard to get a hold of, but is very knowelgeable. The wheels were in an article in the april dirtwheels and they are pictured on a few quads in the may issue. (pg. 168/170 on chris borich's quad and numerous pictures on dana creech's quads) the beadlock rings are available in red, yellow, blue, black and green. The wheels are indeed awesome and with there warranty, well worth the cost. I have run the douglas .190 red label wheels with the aluminum re-enforcing rings welded to both sides and bent them on one ride, and champion beadlocks are just too **** heavy. Well wory the slight extra cost for the hiper wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, since we're on the topic, does any wheel manufacturer make an 8" with a 4/156 bolt pattern? I can't seem to find a set of rear wheels that are eight inch in diameter with a predator bolt pattern. Do we have to change the hubs to ride on eight inch wheels? Getting frustrated cause I've already bought the paddles I want and did'nt think getting the wheels would be such a hassle.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
i have a set of them on my blaster.bought them when they first came on the market.at the time they where having trouble with getting good quality carbon fiber to make em.....so it took 6 months to get my set.it will make your ride feel alot more stiff and more at "zen" with the track or trail.i love my set.come tax time i`ll be getting a set for my pred.best thing about them is they are modular....so if any piece of the rim breaks....you can replace that part of the rim instead of scrapping the whole thing.very trick item to have indeed.

·
Registered
749 Posts
You do realize that this post is over two years old right??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts