Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WEll.. I cant say enough about it. It flat out hauls Azz!!! OMG, its amazing how much it wakes up that sluggish start, and wheelie.......hahah, you can pull a wheelie pretty easy now.. ITs scary fast and sounds soooo good!Its a bit on the loud side but grunty like a Yoshi a little bit..It is jetted with a 165 K&N direct to carb. This was worth every dime I soent and now Im confident I made the best choice possible..Our friend went out with us to test it and he was in awe over how fast this thing goes! (he owns a Raptor). Im gonna put the pics of the pipe in my profiule, or anyone who wants a better pic feel free to email me direct and I would be happy to send them to you......... TINA :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
How long have you been running the w/ no air box? Any problems? I've thought about trying it, but it gets wet here from time to time. Altough I don't seek the water, I never know what I'm gonna come across.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevin, we just put it on and did some test riding, nothing long term yet the pipe just came out last week so not much time on it yet. I run open air onmy 400ex and Ive had no problems with it and IVe had it in various places for over a year now.I think alot will depend on what kind of water your referring to. I wouldnt go in deep water with it. Im hoping to give it a full day on Sun and get a good idea how it perfroms,but for a short run I just wanted you all to know how the gains were.... TINA :)

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well ,went out to get it all dialed in today, and can you beieve this thing is at 180 and I think its going to need bumped to a 190 and up one pilot.. Its starting to turn a really nice looking gold....Ill put a few more pics in ,my profile for all to see......Also got a chance to drag reace it and raced a shee and a rappy, .....beat both and beat the rappy BAD...He was trying to get his pipe dialed in too, so for sake of being fair,have to drag race one is good shape.. It beat the Shee by about a full bike length and the second time beat by about half a bike. did some drag racing up sand dunes now keep in mind, I had the Razrs on he had paddles,WE tired once and I beat him off the start once and he beat me up once also. again, beat the rappy .....So far very pleased with this pipe..........

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
Keep in mind that probably 90% of the gain you're feeling is from that air filter. I just went to that filter yesterday and am at a 160 jet and will probably up it to a 165 (I'm at 4000'). I noticed an ENORMOUS improvement in power with the filter, so don't think the Trinity is responsible for most of it. I'm sure it helps, especially with the head pipe, but the filter really is what gets the credit.

Rob

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trinity just did the numbers on it with the lid still on and JEtted to a 157 I believe and the numbers are areound 51 1/2 Hp. Noe, if we can ust get it to dial in. Trinity is going to test the Predator on Wed if time allows and see what all it will take to get this dialed in, sometimes having the K&N can take away from what your trying to gain I guess when going direct to the carb. This may or may not work, I may have to go Drop in filter but hoping for the best,Trinity said they love the way the Predator is set up for the pipe and was very simple to dial in...I talked to my dealer, (I swear he is a Genious with jetting),lol.... He said may have to modify the Float bowland a few other things that alot of others miss along the way(not just jets) a bit but to wait to hear back from TRinity on the test the way we decided to pipe it.. Cross your fingers I sure hate to be out a K&N and have to buy another......:( TINA

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Are you guys kepping thqat foam peace in the air box or taking it out, the big one that lies unde the filter.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you use a K&n drop in take that foam piece out.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I installed superbikes airbox kit before getting the Trinity system and didn't notice that much difference. But once the pipe was installed, found that it ran the best with the largest jet that was in the superbike kit. (not sure what size it actually is) Put a K&N filter in the airbox and a 39 tooth rear sprocket now notice a very noticable increase in torque drag racing at the dunes. Before, racing raptors was all in all about even, but now I literally walk away from raptors and 650 bombs. Hopefully will find a yfz to race this weekend.......curious to see what they are truly made of. Oh and yes it really does SOUND bad ass now! The only complaint about the Trinity pipe is that it will brand your right leg if your wearing shorts!! :)

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes!! ITs hotter than heck on theleg...Been there...Done that.....I run a direct K&N carb open air box, float bowl adj and a 170 main, the float was all that neede to be adjusted to run a 170 and messed with the needle a bit more. Im at 2500 elevationand its dialed in perfectly......

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
We have been doing some testing with two preds one with trinity full and one w/b bros everything else the same paddles, k/n pod, jetting!! The w/b still out runs it by two lengths. O one more thing beat a mod bansh up choke by three lengths never laughed so hard in my life!!!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And up here same thing......The trinity is beating all the WB..HAHA sounds like a few good riders huh!!:):):):Have you ran your Pradtor up against the 450 yet? I rode one last wk end.WOW.nice quad and the RPM's just keep going,and going, and going..........Still love my quads though. I dont care if I beat everyone.Theres always someone faster out ther anyways, just as long as she ruins good and keeps up with the competitors on t the track and the dunes..Im ok with that.;) TINA

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
how much is this Trinity exhaust.....and where can i see and find it at????

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you want, you can go to mysonyimagestation,go to the gallrey, look for "QuadJunkies" pics there I have several pics of the pipe.....:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts