Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Polaris.....

"We regret to inform you that the Predator Pipe Header Kit (p/n 2874453) is not going to be available." Dealer orders have been cancelled.

I did some more digging this morning. According to the Dealer Technical Support Department the were cancelled due to "a lack of measurable performance increases vs. the stock header pipe with the slip on silencer." (Not the stock silencer, but the aluminum silencer p/n 2874273. They were able to achieve some performance increases (no specifics available) but they had to make "warranty ending engine and airbox modifications."

I'll post again if I hear anything else about the header pipe.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
That's too bad... but in the interest of experimentation, I just placed an order for Trinity's new full exhaust system. :) Predator Stage IV System Rob

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Rob,

I heard that W/B and HMF may not go forward with a full system due to "back pressure" issues. Please let us know a.s.a.p. how your Trinity system works out!

I just got some good jetting info via Gary at the Superbike Shop message board, and I will be trying some of those tips in prep for my Glamis trip on the 14th.

I guess I'm going to give up on the Slip-on K&N filter set up for now, and stick with a jet kit, air-box, and carb mods until I'm ready to try a new type of carb...after the warranty is over!

Good luck,

JJ Gaw

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I emailed Gary and asked about jetting tips and NEVER got a response. Whent that happens, it makes me seriously consider never doing business with such a place...

Rob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gary has the airbox/jet kits on his site now. $100.00

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh yeah, he also said that Polaris didn't cancle the W/B headpipe. Just got postponed do to a production problem. Said they are supposed to be out in March now.
-Chris

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I heard the same thing...delayed till march

·
Registered
141 Posts
RobG: Gary had some computer problems last week and wasn't able to do much computer related work. Sounds like they were still working on it Friday. Hope he replies to your E-mail soon!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I CALLED WHITE BROS. TODAY AND THEY HAVE NO ANSWERS TO IF, OR WHEN. I SAW A NICE HEAD PIPE ON RATH RACING PREDATOR. I WAS HOPE TO ABLE TO PAY ONE. I'M GOING TO CONTACT RATH RACING AND LET YOU KNOW HOW THAT MAKES OUT...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts