Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, we are planning a trip in late April early May for about five guys. We are planning on staying at Miller cabins in Gilbert. We will have three riding days. None of us have ever been there, I know this will be a hard question to answer but about how many miles can we expect to ride in a day? I know it all depends but for someone that has been there an estimate would help. Also if anyone has any feedback on Miller cabins that would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'd be interested in hearing some feedback also. I went to Quadfest last year, but I haven't really heard much about hatfield mccoy. They claim to have over 500 miles of trails. Sound fun...

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
yeah me too. The website is pretty vague about whats required to ride there. Do I need a registration?, insurance? Id ike to meet up with you guy, late april early may sounds like a good campling trip.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I have been there six times in the last three years. It takes about 3.5 hours to get across (RIDE) the mountain into Man.WV. Thats if you take a pretty straight rout, I believe its about 25 miles give or take a few,but you can make it as long as you want. There are maps when you buy the trail pass. Also they have changed the passes. I believe it was fourty for a pass but thats for the year, they don't sell day passes any longer. It's usually half a tank and thats aggressive riding. No real great places to Eat in Man, we usually stay at the LOGE or the Depot in Man. You can call Terry at (304) 583-6833. He ownes both. Also if you go from Man,WV to Gilbert there are several good restaurants to choose from for lunch. And you can ride in both towns and refuel. I am planning a trip around the same time. Five or seven friends, we go every year, it's a great time. You don't need insurance or registration. Just a helmet,gogles and something to ride.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks that's what I was looking for. I was kinda worried about fuel. I don't get great fuel milage!

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are all set up and booked for a place in Gilbert. Its called the Fireside lodge. For someone that has been there, is there like play areas and places to ride fast? I don't want to ride like a complete azz hole, but I like to ride aggressivly jump stuff and generally screw around some. Is there places to do that? I can't wait to go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts