Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to let everyone know this is a nice kit. Very simple and cost effective. Of course you could use some uni vents and jet it too, but our Predators are to nice to treat like that.:) One quick note, the kits supplies all hardware needed. The one thing that I would like to see improved is the use of jam nuts instead of standard nuts.The installation is under the filter which makes it safe, but I still used locktite on the threads. This is the biggest power gain for the money. I now understand what everyone means when they say this bike likes to breath.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey bud sorry for the reg nut we had a mix up in the purchase order and some got out like that but they usually come with a nylock so I will send you out the right nut for it our bad but we will take care of it.
Thanks for the review

·
Registered
129 Posts
yeah, mine got the nylocks, and i too must agree that this helps the bike very much.

·
Registered
557 Posts
does anyone have a pic of the air box mod?

·
Registered
246 Posts
check out e bay under the search for Polaris Predator its in there or go to our e bay store at hard rock motorsports 2

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your bad, I'm glad. Thanks for the follow up. Good product support is the main reason I purchased this kit.:)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I am curious about this mod. I race XC and there is a lot of creek and water riding. Will this mod allow water to flow in through your vent holes.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It keeps a lot of the water out placed were it is ask around I believe jeepman has our kit and runs in a lot of water we have run our in many harescrambles and have had no problem with it at all.

·
Registered
129 Posts
cant help ya there, i do have the kit and love it, but i run sand and desert - james

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks Jeepman, not many water crossings in the desert is there. Can anyone else help me out.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i dont have the HR kit, but i did have the lid removed on my ex and had little or no water get into my airbox. i run a lot of cricks. i assume that the HR kit would withstand better than no lid on an ex!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't used mine in any creek crossings yet but, the mod is on the verticle surface of the box. In my opinion, the majority of splashing water will not enter the box.It's a very simple design and requires no tricky tunning. I would suggest that you use a good foam filter instead of a K&N style.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Greenroom you would use a foam filter because of the water aspect right not anything to do with the kit it self ?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I rode a pred with this air box mod this past weekend. All i have to say is WOW! That pred would trim mine and the only difference is the kit and 4 more exhaust discs. THIS KIT IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
so what all comes with this kit?

·
Registered
154 Posts
wow tis is a old thread....www.hardrockmotorsports.com go here it shows it..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts