·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'll be there .anyone else?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'll be at Buttercup or Gordons Well around 10pm Oct 31st, not leaving until 6pm monday, gotta be to work at 6:30 tuesday.
Companies going to have a "Halloween dress up day, I'm wearing my freestyle gear, but it's so I wont have to change when I leave work and head west on I 8, suckers will think I was dressing up for 'company spirit" when really I am doing it to get ready to play in sand.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i am there, there a poker run starting at boarmanville on sat nov 1st, sponsered by r&r duners, this is the 3rd year of them doing it, its pretty cool.

for glamis info and stuff check here http://www.glamisdunes.com

·
Registered
235 Posts
Isn't Glamis like super crowded on Holidays during fall and winter? I heard last ThanksGiving weekend of 2002 there were 250,000 people there. That's too many for me man, people on top of each other.

How many usually show up on Holooween weekend?

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
There is a group of guys from an other forum that are getting together at glamis the week of November 14 thru the 22nd. We have people from across the country going.

This will be my first time ever riding in a "real" sand dune!!! can't wait!!

All are welcome to join in or stop on by.

This is the first of what we hope will be a annual gathering!!

If you go, bring lots of gas, as this group rides alot of looong trips!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Razor, thats why we go to Gordons Well or Buttercup. Gordons is usually pretty thin, about 20,000 when we went in April for Easter weekend. It really wasn't crouded(friggiin spell check). Thats where I'll be with 11 of my closest friends and 20,000 I'm bound to meet and race!

Bring the Shee's bring the R's bring the Z's bring the yfz's bring the EX's bring the dales bring them all and I will run um. **** I sound like a Nike comercial!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'll have to look up where those places are at on the Dunes map. Or enter some directions and I'll try to get there that weekend. Should be nice and cooler by then. I hope at least, it's still like 105 or so there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
if you knew how the blm counts people out there you would know that there wasnt 250000peeps there, thats a guestimite that has been strung out by enviros. the group i camp with from glamisdunes.com we have no problems, we usually do a potluck, someone is going out on a ride constantly, and where we ride you somtimes never see a soul. the big crowds tend to hang out in the poplular areas like olds hill and comp and sit there and party all day, but theres others that are out riding.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Save the weed!
Save the weed!
Save the weed!
Kevin you forgot the 10,00 enviro's they had on hand as well
=0)

·
Registered
3 Posts
We've got a pretty big group going the weekend before Halloween to Glamis
We take the kids, the women, and all the toys, should be a good time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I might make it out. I went last weekend, night riding at Glamis. Came hauling over the top of a transition right into a big hole. Slammed my chest into my handle bars and somehow banged up my right foot pretty good. The foot is healing up pretty good but I think I might have cracked a rib or two. We have a trip planed on Oct 4th, If I'm better holloween could be on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
we had a couple night rides this summer, one in july and another in august, was dam hot i tell ya. my first trip to glamis is next weekend, the 11th 12th. i have many freinds that are going this weekend. i go to glamis every other weekend starting with halloween. actually starting with halloween, then im going the next 2 weekends in a row.

kevin
www.glamisdunes.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts