Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pick up some paddles for the Pred, what do you guys recommend. I am all stock and ride Glamis and Dumont. I was thinking of Geckos or the Sand Skates.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I have the geckos and they seem to work fine. I was thinking of changing to the haulers though. Havn't made that choice yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi,

Get some Skat Trak Haulers. It is a NOTICABLE, HUGE difference in the Predator's performance with Haulers instead of Gecko's.

JJ

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Im using both the Gecko's and Haulers. With the Gecko's expect a **** load of tire spinning. But with the Haulers expect to go fast as hell in a straight line. Just make sure to air them up a little cuz they are harder to slide around with unless tey are hard.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm going to the dunes this weekend and I have the Gecko's. They came with 13 lbs in them, I assuming so they could seal the bead. I dropped them to 4 lbs. I'll let you know how they work. From what I've been reading, I may be getting rid of them as soon as I come back. We'll see.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My friend and i went riding this weekend. He has Geckos and I have Sand Sharks(similar to Sand Skates butwith a slightly shorter paddle and they are $100 less). He is selling his Geckos now. They just don't hook up. They might be ok for something with less power, but not good for the Predator. He was very disappointed in them. I was happy with my Sand Sharks, but I think there is something better out there. Not sure what, but I know its out there. The Sand Sharks are good and they are great for sliding around the dunes. I would not choose Geckos.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't get Geckos! My friends Z400 spins them way too easy and the hook-up is unpredictable.. My other friend has Skate II's on his highly modded 440EX and they hook-up strong. I have Sand Sharks. Same as the Skate II's but with a slightly shorter paddle. His 440EX and my Predator are dead even in drags. Would I beat him with a set of Skates? I don't know, but I'm glad I get the performance he does with spending $100 less for tires/rims. Whatever you decide, Rocky Mountain has good prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts