Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the ideal gears for sand is it 13/38 ??????????????????

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would like to knaow also...

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I think 13/38 is the ideal gearing for sand. Works great on my machine.

Rob

·
Registered
73 Posts
I race my predator on moto-x tracks and some of the tracks have sharp curves without berms. usually I am in second gear but coming out of the curves is just a little tall. I just orderd a 13 tooth from honda. I know 14/37 is stock and my thoughts of just going to a 38 on the back is really not enough to make a difference, what does everybody think just running the 13 on the front will make, and do you think it will help me in my situation?

·
Registered
315 Posts
It(13 tooth) will knock it down a lot. Most of the motox guys around here are are running a 14/39.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I tried 14/38 not low enough I then tried a 13/37 and have now settled on 13/38 it works great in the dunes and in dirt too. Outstanding low end power, I say go with 13/38 you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I ORDERED A 13T FOR AN 02' XR650L AND HAD TO MACHINE IT DOWN AS IT'S TO THICK!!!
AFTER THAT IT SURE WORKS... I'D LOVE TO RIDE ALL THAT SAND PEOPLE TALK ABOUT.
WE ONLY HAVE A FEW SAND PITS ,OR BEACHES TO RUN. MY BIKE SEE'S ALOT OF MUD. THANKS FOR THE INFO. ORDERED A 15T SO I CAN GIVE MY BUDDY A BETTER RUN W/HIS DS W/14/38T I HAD HIM UNTIL 5TH GEAR.

MY PREDATOR FEATURES; PURE POLARIS PIPE W/14 DISC, 170 MAIN 50 PILOT,AIR BOX MODS,GSP AT 75.6 M.P.H W14/36T GEAR SET UP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts