Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my predator for about 3 months now. I ride the hell out of that thing and nothing has broken on it yet. We have even tried to break it a couple of times to see what it can handle. I would not trade this bike for anything. I am now modifying it to make it more powerful.

Question, will changing the front sprocket from stock to a 13 tooth give me more torque? If so, does it reduce your top end? I am a little unsure about messing with the drive train.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, going to a smaller front sprocket will give you more low end torque but it will sacrifice just a little top speed, its just the opposite for the rear sprocket, if you go smaller you get more speed, if you go larger you get more torque, also, changing one tooth on the front sprocket is more of a change than if you go a tooth up or down on the rear sprocket, so if you want to make fine adjustments, then just change the rear sprocket. hope this helps you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have been told that a 13 tooth sprocket could bind the chain up on a pred at some point. I decided to go with a 39t in the rear and left the front a 14.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought the 13 tooth sprocket for the dunes. I decided to go trail riding with the 13 tooth. I found that it was to torquey in the trails. Going to give it a try next weekend at Little Sahara. I here the 13 tooth is great in the sand.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The superbike shop also makes a 40t rear sprocket.

·
Registered
119 Posts
hey men i put a 15 tooth sprocket on the front of my predator and got clocked 81mph on flat ground and did not hit rev limit yet but it pulled not as hard but ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts