Polaris Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front suspension seems stiff compaired to other quads. I have the stock Fox shocks without the Rezzies. Currently I have the springs set so when the quad is off the ground the spring adjuster is just touching the spring. I figured it was bad to have the spring loose when the shock is fully extended when the quad is in the air. I weigh 185. Should I loosen them up more? Or is how I have it good, I just need to get used to it? While I'm at it what about the rear? I get the rebound and dampening adj. I just don't know where to set the springs. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It takes a while to fine tune the suspension. It's like that with any adjustable suspension. I'm 6'1" and 200lbs. My front is set at two inches from the top of the adjuster to the top of the threads. The back is adusted 20 clicks to the left from stock. I may back it off 5 clicks though and then it will only be 15 clicks to the left from stock. Rear adjuster is set at 4. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Whatever you do, make sure your front springs aren't backed off any further than 11.875". That's the maint manual max spec with the front off the ground (shock fully extended) I couldn't get mine where I wanted them until I got the rezzi's installed, now all is well. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts