Polaris Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run haulers on the rear, are front sand tires worth the money and do they improve the steering over the stock tires? Seems like I have to stay on the power to keep the front wheels ontop of the sand.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I think the fronts are well worth the money, I prefer the skat trak smooth buffs or mohawks, they are the lightest and work the best.

·
Mostly Harmless
2,544 Posts
I use the GBC Dunetrackers... they help with steering a lot!

Rob

·
Registered
160 Posts
the absolute best front sand tire is the sand tire unlimited razorbacks. they wrok great with haulers and give alot more steering. mohawks are ok, but dont offer much steering, buffs offer none. i ran mohawks on my 400ex i had, it turned but not very good, alot of front end push, i sold it to a freind and he put the gbc dunetrackers on and it turned so much better the first time he rode it pitched him off on a fst turn thru a bowl.

the reason i suggest spending the bucks for the sand tire unlimiteds is they provide a much better ride, they are large and soft and soak up all the little ripples and tire ruts etc much better than the chinease copys.

http://www.sandtiresunlimited.com/

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replys, I ordered the GBC tires and a set of rims, from rocky mountain atv. They were what my wife said I could afford,along with buying her a new coat 122.00. Hopefully I will be able to brake them in at
st. anthony dunes on friday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts